Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should vegetarians be allowed to have a murderous pet?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't know how to do a poll, if anyone could help me out on this I'd appreciate it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
House cat = prison animal,.not their nature, they are hard wired to kill.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
This morning when I popped out to get the paper there was the worst part of 3 sparrows on the doorstep. The arch vegan cat woman who lives downstairs made a glib comment about what 'Munchkin' must have been up to ..... ****ing cow

Last edited:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Can someone explain to me peoples fasination with cats?

I just dont get it, they make the house smell, they only come to you when they want some food or attention and then piss off to go and find a bird or frog that they can then bring into the house to make it smell a bit more. Pointless animals as pets.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone explain to me peoples fasination with cats?

I just dont get it, they make the house smell, they only come to you when they want some food or attention and then piss off to go and find a bird or frog that they can then bring into the house to make it smell a bit more. Pointless animals as pets.

My cat will often show affection with no agenda towards food. Always sleeps on the end of our bed and is a genuine companion.

I acknowledge not ALL cats are like this, but probably more than most cat-haters realise.

Also, my cat doesn't smell at all, dogs are FAR smellier! (I like dogs too).

Last edited:

boik

House cat = prison animal,.not their nature, they are hard wired to kill.

Very interesting piece on this on R4 the other day. Not all cats are hard-wired to kill, and cats can be trained not to. The guy was saying that they could start breeding cats from the non-killers to slowly eradicate the problem.

In the meantime, stick bell on the f**king things! Don't solve the problem but gives the victims more of a chance. Not a cat fan either.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Very interesting piece on this on R4 the other day. Not all cats are hard-wired to kill, and cats can be trained not to. The guy was saying that they could start breeding cats from the non-killers to slowly eradicate the problem.

In the meantime, stick bell on the f**king things! Don't solve the problem but gives the victims more of a chance. Not a cat fan either.

A bell should be compulsory on a pussy.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No one should be allowed cats.

Unless they receive written confirmation from all residents in a defined 'roaming area' that they are happy to also have to deal with the horrible little thing.

I have had far too many come into my garden, try and kill things in my garden or shit in it. I hate the things, and then having to swerve by them when they decide to run into the road.

When I was back home and complained about one that tried to attack the fish in our pond I was told by the owner that they are wild animals and therefore I should just accept it. When I asked why you would keep a wild animal as a pet they had no answer. They also said I should get one of those annoying high pitched things that keeps them away which I refused to unless they paid.

I hate cats

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Misses Tiddles and her lot have done for hedgehogs. Feline wankers.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Our neighbours cats turned one of our bushes brown where it kept on pissing on it and also kept nabbing the fish. Now we have put the high pitched things in the garden, it has taken up its new sunbathing spot of directly outside the front door.

Quite satisfying when you go to leave the house and tread on the thing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like cats. And am a vegetarian, but do not despise them for their wish to hunt and kill. Coercing them into being "human" and guilt-ridden and actually rather liking meat substitutes - ideally with a smidgeon of cheese melted on its roof - doesn't seem a particularly pleasant thing to do, and goes a bit against what me being a vegetarian means. I'd rather not have a pasty, gaseous pet anyway.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like cats. And am a vegetarian, but do not despise them for their wish to hunt and kill. Coercing them into being "human" and guilt-ridden and actually rather liking meat substitutes - ideally with a smidgeon of cheese melted on its roof - doesn't seem a particularly pleasant thing to do, and goes a bit against what me being a vegetarian means. I'd rather not have a pasty, gaseous pet anyway.

The voice of reason

I am a vegetarian and its been 31 years since my last sausage! My dog is not a veggie and is getting peeved off with a local cat who sits on our door step! He has nearly caught him several times already! They poop in your garden kill any wildlife and make weird nutty middle age silly sweater wearing women happy! They gotta go tbh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here