Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup....sorry EFL Cup...Draw

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
..was supposed to have been yesterday (16th). The date for the draw will now be 'announced early next week'. Useless blazers still on the beach.

I presume we are NOT in the 1st round this year (w/c 8th August) but the EFL revamped site just has last year's draw dates on it. Can anyone confirm? Asking for a friend who may be on holiday.

PG

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I thought for the league cup we joined in first round. It is the FA cup which we join in round 3?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
All football league teams enter at the first round, all premier league sides enter at the 2nd round, except for those involved in European competitions who enter at the 3rd round. We will be seeded for the first round so won't be playing another championship club.

Unless the delay in doing the draw is because they are about to re-vamp the tournament similar to how the Scottish League Cup has been changed for next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect ( not ITK ) that they are close to announcing a new cup sponsor, and that has held up the draw.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Presumably we will try and get knocked out as quickly as possible and concentrate on the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here