Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights start drawing in again next week.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I read recently that this is actually a myth, because although the longest day is next week, the mornings get darker before the evenings do (so the total daylight hours are less, but the effect is when most of us are still asleep). I can't find it anywhere now though, so I'd be grateful if someone more knowledgeable could confirm or refute this...

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I read recently that this is actually a myth, because although the longest day is next week, the mornings get darker before the evenings do (so the total daylight hours are less, but the effect is when most of us are still asleep). I can't find it anywhere now though, so I'd be grateful if someone more knowledgeable could confirm or refute this...

Still has 24 hours in it same as any other. Strange how most people seem to say this when what they really mean is the longest daylight hours.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm loving this long record-breaking summer that was predicted.

The Express was giving it their usual nonsensical brouhaha but then so did most of the other newspapers.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/672361/Hottest-summer-in-100-years-UK-weather-forecast-2016-heatwave

Piers Corbyn, forecaster for WeatherAction, said Britain is heading towards a “tremendous dry, warm and sunny flaming June”.

He said for most of next month Britain will sizzle under blue skies and scorching sunshine with “heatwave” conditions almost certain.

He said: “We are forecasting a tremendous dry warm sunny ‘Flaming June’ for most of the month.

“The start will be dry, warm or hot, with sunny, blue skies."

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Summer starts when the evenings start getting darker earlier but I feel our seasons are changing with changes in our climate.
Another reason why we need to work with European friends. Also we can teach the French police how to deal with football fans.
When the late goal went in against the Welsh the French police probably had to put an order in for more tear gas.:facepalm:::stupid:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It's slashing down in Poynings. Garden fete tomorrow.........joy. I am running the golf stall if you want to lose a pound.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It does still get warmer though. August averages are the highest.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
We don't have real summers in this country.Let's face it.If we're lucky we'll have a few hot days.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Don't panic. I think there's only 27 more Fridays until Christmas....:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here