Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best bit of transfer business ever.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought for a long time that £35m for Andy Carroll was never ever gonna get beaten for sheer, unadulterated stupidity but I take my hat off to Liverpool. They have redeemed themselves. They must be still shaking with laughter.
£50m for Raheem Stirling!!!!!!!!!!.....This will be talked about for years.....It is now the benchmark for the biggest con in football history. He was carried by Saurez, Sturridge and Gerrard and bigged up by Liverpool to be the best young player in Europe. Brilliant. Even the press fell for it. The Emperor's new clothes scenario.
At Man City they kept saying last season he was off his game and would come good. What game? He hasn't got a game. He trots around in a stiff legged way, with his arse stuck out like a duck, waddling across the farmyard. He can't cross the ball, he can't beat a man and his decision making is non-existent. As for trying to score, he is just plain hopeless. Not a clue.
Quite simply, the most overrated, overvalued player in the game. I hope Roy sees sense now and keeps him a million miles away from the squad. His whole attitude and demeanour stinks. A complete and utter waste of space.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought for a long time that £35m for Andy Carroll was never ever gonna get beaten for sheer, unadulterated stupidity but I take my hat off to Liverpool. They have redeemed themselves. They must be still shaking with laughter.
£50m for Raheem Stirling!!!!!!!!!!.....This will be talked about for years.....It is now the benchmark for the biggest con in football history. He was carried by Saurez, Sturridge and Gerrard and bigged up by Liverpool to be the best young player in Europe. Brilliant. Even the press fell for it. The Emperor's new clothes scenario.
At Man City they kept saying last season he was off his game and would come good. What game? He hasn't got a game. He trots around in a stiff legged way, with his arse stuck out like a duck, waddling across the farmyard. He can't cross the ball, he can't beat a man and his decision making is non-existent. As for trying to score, he is just plain hopeless. Not a clue.
Quite simply, the most overrated, overvalued player in the game. I hope Roy sees sense now and keeps him a million miles away from the squad. His whole attitude and demeanour stinks. A complete and utter waste of space.

But apart from that.....

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What a load of nonsense. I don't like the way the guy handled his Liverpool exit, but the guy, at 21, is just going through a dip. The guy oozes class when used correctly and I suspect that the coming years will prove how silly this thread is.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I like Carroll, if it wasn't for his injuries, he would be an England regular. I just can't see why Liverpool paid so much for him and to then not play to his strengths. As proven at West Ham, when he is fit, play to his strengths and he is a class striker.
As for Sterling, he is young so can improve, but from what I can see, he is all pace but no end product.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I actually think Raheem is Cush at football.

He can't pass, he can't cross but BOY is he fast. You can't put a price on that! Well except £50 million obviously... Modern football, you've just got to love it.

One team, one Dream... Kosh

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ahhhhh young Raheem

baby-runs-into-oven-with-lampshade-on-head.gif

Nowts changed really .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool had just got a massively way over value price from Chelsea for Fernando Torres (now there's a flop if you want to nominate one!) Because of the massive fee they had received, they were always going to be made to pay over the odds to get Carroll in. However, they swapped Torres for Carroll, and made £15M on the deal, so they didn't do badly!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Liverpool had just got a massively way over value price from Chelsea for Fernando Torres (now there's a flop if you want to nominate one!) Because of the massive fee they had received, they were always going to be made to pay over the odds to get Carroll in. However, they swapped Torres for Carroll, and made £15M on the deal, so they didn't do badly!

Exactly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I love the way us out of shape, over weight and less then Premier class footballers can make such comments, spend a day (game) in his shoes first.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Who did we sign on a Bosman then flog to a team in Scotland a few weeks later for around £250,000?

This is when we were truly skint

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£50m for Raheem Stirling!!!!!!!!!!.....This will be talked about for years.....It is now the benchmark for the biggest con in football history. He was carried by Saurez, Sturridge and Gerrard and bigged up by Liverpool to be the best young player in Europe. Brilliant. Even the press fell for it.
It helped that Zaha was likened to Ronaldo by his club, and Stirling looked miles better than Zaha.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
What a load of nonsense. I don't like the way the guy handled his Liverpool exit, but the guy, at 21, is just going through a dip. The guy oozes class when used correctly and I suspect that the coming years will prove how silly this thread is.

I agree. Let Guardiola see what he is about and if he stays at City then Pep will presumably rate him and I think he will be improved. Just because he was pants yesterday and last Saturday doesn't mean he is a bad player.

TNBA

TTF

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I agree. Let Guardiola see what he is about and if he stays at City then Pep will presumably rate him and I think he will be improved. Just because he was pants yesterday and last Saturday doesn't mean he is a bad player.

TNBA

TTF

Good point about Guardiola. If he gives Sterling a chance and rates him, then Sterling will definitely learn a lot. Just look at what Pep has done to Boateng, for example. Pretty mediocre at City, now one of the world's best defenders.

If he doesn't fancy him, though, he's got no chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here