Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stone Roses

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone go last night, if so what was it like?
Have read some reviews and appears to be ok apart from Ian Browns vocals , but nothing new there.

Im going tomorrow so hopefully step up a gear being the weekend.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For a true Stone Roses experience, you need Ian Brown's vocals to be off, would feel too engineered otherwise! :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Tomorrow and Saturday.

Still have a couple of spares for tomorrow if anyone is interested??

I had a couple of spares aswell but managed to shift them on eBay for £80 ( half price) but a lot more than if you have to sell to a tout.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Absolutely blinding concert last night. Reni is truly one of the greatest drummers ever to wield the sticks. Started with Adored and 50000 people helped IB stay on track from there onwards. Public Enemy were great too finishing with Don't Believe the Hype.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Roses came on at 9. We got there at 7.30 and saw last 40 minutes of Public Enemy. Would've liked to have seen their whole set. Walked to Etihad from Manchester Piccadilly in 20 minutes.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
spike island 90, Sheffield 95, Heaton park, Finsbury park was at each of those don't think Mr Brown has been in tune any of those times I seen them. but love them and the whole experience when seeing them each time. Touts tickets were going for less than face value last night so might be heading to Manchester myself tomorrow. One love.

spike island 90, Sheffield 95, Heaton park, Finsbury park was at each of those don't think Mr Brown has been in tune any of those times I seen them. but love them and the whole experience when seeing them each time. Touts tickets were going for less than face value last night so might be heading to Manchester myself tomorrow. One love.
Hope it's louder than Finsbury Park

Just back from a great gig, fantastic stadium is, what United fans call, The Emptyhad. The big stand is unimpressive compared to our west stand but behind the goal the new top tear is akin to the north face of the Eiger. Great atmosphere and usual lunatic element, massive queues to get in as I was searched airport style however their were plenty of flares/smoke bombs so someone wasn't! I won't spoil the play list but I was surprised to hear the beautiful 'Where Angels Play' if you're in town tomorrow most pre gig head to the usual pre football pubs near Harvey Nicks, Sinclaires, Wellington and The Mitre although you'll get served quicker in my favourite The Crown n Anchor, Plenty of Stone Island on show but generally good lads all after a good time, have a great night

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Just back from a great gig, fantastic stadium is, what United fans call, The Emptyhad. The big stand is unimpressive compared to our west stand but behind the goal the new top tear is akin to the north face of the Eiger. Great atmosphere and usual lunatic element, massive queues to get in as I was searched airport style however their were plenty of flares/smoke bombs so someone wasn't! I won't spoil the play list but I was surprised to hear the beautiful 'Where Angels Play' if you're in town tomorrow most pre gig head to the usual pre football pubs near Harvey Nicks, Sinclaires, Wellington and The Mitre although you'll get served quicker in my favourite The Crown n Anchor, Plenty of Stone Island on show but generally good lads all after a good time, have a great night

More importantly what was the bus ride through miss side like?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I went on Wednesday night. Great gig although IB's vocals were pretty terrible. Gets helped out by the crowd. For drinking, stay in town and then get the tram from Piccadilly Gardens with the sign Ethihad Campus on....or just follow the bucket hats. Great Manc experience. Plenty of drugged up, pissed fans but there was no trouble to speak of.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Thought it was a great ground - would love to watch us play there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here