Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom for Tooting

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Anyone else live in this magnificent part of South London?

Today is the day comrades, rise up and throw off your shackles!

citizensmith.jpg

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
And they're off! The runners are:

Rosena Chantelle Allin-Khan, Labour Party

Dan Watkins, Conservative Party

Des Coke, Christian People's Party

Alexander James Glassbrook, Liberal Democrats

Howling Laud Hope, The Official Monster Raving Loony Party

Zirwa Javaid, Independent

Elizabeth Eirwen Jones, UK Independence Party

Ankit Love, One Love Party

Dr Akbar Ali Malik, Immigrants Political Party

Graham Harry Moore, English Democrats Love England - Leave EU!

Esther Dede Obiri-Darko, Green Party

Dr Zia Samadani, Independent

Smiley Smillie, Independent

Bobby Smith, Give Me Back Elmo

Wot! No TPF? :tantrum:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Is Kastoori's still going? Great South Indian vegetarian food.

Sadly gone, there are many fantastic curry houses along that strip but none of the veggies reach the heights that Kastoori's scaled.

However there is now a hipster toast stall next to the Grade 1 listed Granada cinema which adds to the eclectic melange.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Power to the People,Foxy.:lolol:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Sadly gone, there are many fantastic curry houses along that strip but none of the veggies reach the heights that Kastoori's scaled.

However there is now a hipster toast stall next to the Grade 1 listed Granada cinema which adds to the eclectic melange.

I haven't the first idea what this thread is about, but someone has set up a stall selling toast? Tell me more...

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I haven't the first idea what this thread is about, but someone has set up a stall selling toast? Tell me more...

It's by-election day for the good people of Tooting (that silver haired fox Sadiq Khan having moved upstairs), so I thought a paring or two of the patina of what counts here for culture would interest some.

Here is the toast stall on Google Streetview

They make some accommodation with urban reality by also selling hot dogs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The owners of the building jacked up the rent by a ridiculous amount and the Thankis decided that it wasn't economically viable to keep the restaurant running. Desperately sad news as it was one of the best veggie restaurants I've been to. There was talk of opening another place but I don't think it's happened.

There's always the Jaffna House to go to though. Top drawer Sri Lankan nosh: I still go there from time to time and take food back to Brighton with me

I lived in Tooting for several years before moving back to Brighton: absolutely loved it there and would happily have stayed if I could have found a family house for a reasonable sum. But as our 4-bed house in Brighton cost £55k less than a 2-bed flat in Tooting, that wasn't going to happen.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's by-election day for the good people of Tooting (that silver haired fox Sadiq Khan having moved upstairs), so I thought a paring or two of the patina of what counts here for culture would interest some.

Here is the toast stall on Google Streetview

They make some accommodation with urban reality by also selling hot dogs.
Wow - within a few dozen yards away you have a 99p shop, a Primark, McDonalds, KFC, several fake KFCs, multiple kebab shops, a pawnbrokers, countless hair and beauty/nail bars, a Greggs, multiple bookies, compulsive gamblers hangout arcade and shops with tat outside. Chavtastic, mate!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Wow - within a few dozen yards away you have a 99p shop, a Primark, McDonalds, KFC, several fake KFCs, multiple kebab shops, a pawnbrokers, countless hair and beauty/nail bars, a Greggs, multiple bookies, compulsive gamblers hangout arcade and shops with tat outside. Chavtastic, mate!

Right by the tube so they don't have to go any further, leaving the rest of Tooting for everyone else. Works nicely!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right by the tube so they don't have to go any further, leaving the rest of Tooting for everyone else. Works nicely!
Easy to spot as well with their fake tans, false nails, giant guts and all the fish they can carry from Fish Universe! :) I also love the fact that the countless beauty salons have a 30 second walk to their choice of hair and beauty wholesalers!

I am intrigued by what the kinky twist is!

Untitled.png

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Tooting has the only Grade 1 listed art deco cinema in the entire country. It is a thriving eclectic melting pot of cultures and has something for everyone.

1280px-Granada_Tooting.JPG
I was born and grew up in Tooting , its a shithole now , you could just as well be in Karachi as London.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

A bit like London Road - the 'new Shoreditch'. © Some Numpty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here