Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage angling for a spot in a right wing Tory government...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris, Gove, Farage....

It really is a defining moment for the country next Thursday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, the nation needs to decide if it wants that horror show running an isolated England or not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ClCCdpQWAAAoaml.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More scaremongering and nonsense.

If that happens Labour supporters should be viewing it as an open goal to take the center ground and win the next election.

Wishful thinking, how can Labour be centre ground? I'd be more concern in the short term about 4 years of disaster.

Outers if you want these clowns running the show, go for it

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hold on, I though he was a believer in democracy. Surely as a matter of principle he'd have to win an election rather than get parachuted into the Lords?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hold on, I though he was a believer in democracy. Surely as a matter of principle he'd have to win an election rather than get parachuted into the Lords?

Don't be silly

Seen him grilled twice now on the question, refuses to answer. Nige is dying to become part of the establishment

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As someone who ancestors were seen as revolutionary , I am a one nation Tory so the thought of the right wing frightens me as its against my values which is everyone should be trying to be asprinatioal however those that fall out the bottom through no fault of there own we should have safety nets to catch them and help them up.

Fararge Borris and Gove frighten me and this is a strong reason to vote remain.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If the people of Britain don't like Farage, Boris or Gove they can vote them out. If they don't like any of the the five presidents of the EU, then tough. If UK politicians introduce laws we don't like we can punish them at the next election. If the EU introduces laws we don't like then, again, tough.

This is about democracy in the long term. Do you think Britain should make its own laws or do you think we should let unaccountable people in Brussels do it for us?

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Another scare tactic.Farage is not an MP and as such he will not be a minister in any government.Most of the Whitehall politicians hate the sight of Farage so the chances of him getting a seat in parliament are zero.
I,m waiting for next Wednesday when the doomsday scenario is finalised,vote remain or an asteroid will smack into the planet midday Friday.Bring it on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As someone who ancestors were seen as revolutionary , I am a one nation Tory so the thought of the right wing frightens me as its against my values which is everyone should be trying to be asprinatioal however those that fall out the bottom through no fault of there own we should have safety nets to catch them and help them up.

Fararge Borris and Gove frighten me and this is a strong reason to vote remain.

"In or out" is starting to feel like "Hilary or Trump".

Keep what you have which works but is far from perfect or take a complete step into the unknown

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the people of Britain don't like Farage, Boris or Gove they can vote them out. If they don't like any of the the five presidents of the EU, then tough. If UK politicians introduce laws we don't like we can punish them at the next election. If the EU introduces laws we don't like then, again, tough.

This is about democracy in the long term. Do you think Britain should make its own laws or do you think we should let unaccountable people in Brussels do it for us?

1. How would they go about 'voting out' Farage, from the House of Lords, exactly?
2. Indirectly, yes - we vote for representatives in the EU parliament, who should be voting in our interests. (as opposed to just standing as an MEP, trousering all the expenses and allowances and then NOT attending or voting, like your hero)
3. Do you actually know what small % of UK laws were handed down from Brussels?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here