Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay Wembley

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Anyone else go tonight?

I went and thought it was all a bit drab. Every time they just about got the crowd going they slowed it right down again and played some of their recent Unknown mellow sh1t and everyone toddled off to the bog or the bar. I really feel they got nowhere near nailing it, and it's sold out for 3 more nights. Sorry if you're going to one of the next three, it might be better.

Just interested in other views.....

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well, they filled 1 hour 55 minutes, and they have enough upbeat material to have filled that and got people up on their feet. But they didn't use it. It was more a shop window of their recent stuff, which is almost entirely slow, mellow, almost melancholy, nap inducing dirge. AIMHO.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I thought it was decent. They mixed some old and new songs, with some fast and slow ones. I had a good night.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Good, glad you enjoyed it. Maybe it's just me. Probably it is just me. I had to drive home, so didn't have a few beers on board to lift the mood....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good, glad you enjoyed it. Maybe it's just me. Probably it is just me. I had to drive home, so didn't have a few beers on board to lift the mood....

If you need a few beers for a gig to be any good it doesn't say a lot about the bands you're going to see. Although a bit of a music snob, I don't actually mind a bit of Coldplay but am still dumbfounded at their capacity to sell out so many Wembley dates.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
If you need a few beers for a gig to be any good it doesn't say a lot about the bands you're going to see. Although a bit of a music snob, I don't actually mind a bit of Coldplay but am still dumbfounded at their capacity to sell out so many Wembley dates.

I was going to say exactly that about the few beers comment. I went to a Peter Gabriel gig a few months ago with my daughter, where he played the whole of the album "So", which has been a family favourite for years. We were still buzzing the next day.

Said daughter went last night to Coldplay with her partner, who said it was the best gig she had ever been to. But I wouldn't bother going to see them.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Anyone else go tonight?

I went and thought it was all a bit drab. Every time they just about got the crowd going they slowed it right down again and played some of their recent Unknown mellow sh1t and everyone toddled off to the bog or the bar. I really feel they got nowhere near nailing it, and it's sold out for 3 more nights. Sorry if you're going to one of the next three, it might be better.

Just interested in other views.....

Being dragged along tonight. V little interest before and even less after reading that.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Having been dragged along once to see them a few years ago I have zero desire to repeat the performance
Unbearably tedious
Short performance as well at under two hours (still all in all that's probably for the best !)
I do like the new area around Wembley though - very smart

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, they filled 1 hour 55 minutes, and they have enough upbeat material to have filled that and got people up on their feet. But they didn't use it. It was more a shop window of their recent stuff, which is almost entirely slow, mellow, almost melancholy, nap inducing dirge. AIMHO.

But it's a tour of their new album so you would expect to see this particular album showcased.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Saw them at the Centre in 2002 and was impressed. Went to see them again in 05 at Earls Court still a fan at the time, but was bored senseless and haven't bothered with them since. I could still listen happily to the first two albums, but nothing since.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Saw them in London after the release of X&Y and enjoyed the concert...most stuff they've released after that I've found a bit boring

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I went to see them loads (about 10 times) in the earlier years and they were very good live. Last time I saw them was probably at the Albert Hall for a teenage cancer trust gig which I think was around their third album, It all got a bit samey and dull after that but I'm sure they still put on a great show, they were always much much better live than on album.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yes, they give all 80000 guests a wristband which lights up and is operated remotely, which creates some great lighting effects.

But I think many people go away impressed with that, and the sheer scale of an 80000 gig in a huge stadium, and because of that think th music was good. When actually the music bit in my view was bloody drab, apart from 4 or 5 big upbeat anthem tunes from their early stuff. I was sat up in the 5th tier, and looking down on the pitch you could see literally hundreds if not thousands of people streaming out to th bogs and the bars when they started their slow lifeless recent stuff. Ho hum.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Yes, they give all 80000 guests a wristband which lights up and is operated remotely, which creates some great lighting effects.

But I think many people go away impressed with that, and the sheer scale of an 80000 gig in a huge stadium, and because of that think th music was good. When actually the music bit in my view was bloody drab, apart from 4 or 5 big upbeat anthem tunes from their early stuff. I was sat up in the 5th tier, and looking down on the pitch you could see literally hundreds if not thousands of people streaming out to th bogs and the bars when they started their slow lifeless recent stuff. Ho hum.

That's your problem, sitting down for a gig!:nono: Did you politely clap after each song? :)

TBH I think the earlier songs are by far the best stuff they have done, but last night enjoyed the music and the performance they put on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here