spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can't . He beats women

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
In fairness to Collymore he's showing what it is actually like in Lille instead of what you hear in the media. The policing isn't great, no one knows what's going on and Lille doesn't look like a town that is ready for thousands of fans. There are a small minority of dicks but most are ok and Stan is telling them to stay out of trouble. The worry is as night falls that the Russians will come back to pick off those that have separated from the pack, but if you are in 'the pack' you get treated like sh!t and moved on from pillar to post. It's joke organisation. Didn't the French learn anything about how to police s football tournament from Germany?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is all good work from Stan. Even though he's had his demons in the past he seems like a pretty down to earth bloke.

I'd much rather listen to Stan than supposed "Mr nice guy" Lineker making barbed comments from his 5 star hotel in Paris.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is all good work from Stan. Even though he's had his demons in the past he seems like a pretty down to earth bloke.

I'd much rather listen to Stan than supposed "Mr nice guy" Lineker making barbed comments from his 5 star hotel in Paris.

Lineker showed himself up on Saturday. As English fans got chased around Marseille and put in intensive care he decides to get on his soap box. At least Stan is in the thick of it and trying to understand what it's like from a fans perspective.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lineker showed himself up on Saturday. As English fans got chased around Marseille and put in intensive care he decides to get on his soap box. At least Stan is in the thick of it and trying to understand what it's like from a fans perspective.

Quite agree. Collymore does talk a lot of shite but at least he and other Talk Sport presenters have been in amongst the fans to see what really is going on.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He's reporting that French police have fired more tear gas. They just keep trying to disperse fans. Rather than just protect and observe. I don't get it. I really don't.

Looks like very heavy handed policing. Would be interesting to hear the clubs Police Liason Officers views on what's going on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like very heavy handed policing. Would be interesting to hear the clubs Police Liason Officers views on what's going on.

I'm sure they are heavy handed, but why hang around this place at this time its going to be trouble. What's the fun in having to deal with tear gas and all that

So close to the UK anyway, save ya money

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm sure they are heavy handed, but why hang around this place at this time its going to be trouble. What's the fun in having to deal with tear gas and all that

So close to the UK anyway, save ya money

exactly.....save yer hard earned at home ......:thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In fairness to Collymore he's showing what it is actually like in Lille instead of what you hear in the media. The policing isn't great, no one knows what's going on and Lille doesn't look like a town that is ready for thousands of fans. There are a small minority of dicks but most are ok and Stan is telling them to stay out of trouble. The worry is as night falls that the Russians will come back to pick off those that have separated from the pack, but if you are in 'the pack' you get treated like sh!t and moved on from pillar to post. It's joke organisation. Didn't the French learn anything about how to police s football tournament from Germany?

The recent trouble/riots in France (remember the burnt car incident) were all about the French police's heavy handed approach to everything. Looking at the live stream it (seen from the French police perspective/camera angle) it really looks like the police don't like the England fans and are ready to jump in.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Provoke the English, treat them like shit because that's what they are told their dealing with.

It really isn't a specific to the English. The French police are notoriously heavy handed. I work in Paris, here's a cartoon that should give some perspective....

fpflod.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here