Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Flight delayed, airport arrival advice?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Flight was due to depart at 08.30 and now scheduled for 11.10
We are staying in hotel at gatwick right now, we had planned to get there for 6am but now not sure I want to do that and have a 5 hour wait at the airport. Can we now get there a bit later or is it wise to proceed as planned. We have checked in online but have bags to go in the hold. Sorry for the mega boring post but I can't seem to get any answers online at this time of night.

Cheers!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It would be risky to do that purely on advice from here, my suggestion is give the airline a call. Maybe don't mention that your right next door!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Airlines typically close out the flight to the original timings so you'll most likely have to drop your bags off as normal. Unless you have explicit communication stating you can arrive later proceed to to original timings. Had you only had cabin luggage you could rock up when you liked.

Jul 7, 2003
We are staying in hotel at gatwick right now, we had planned to get there for 6am but now not sure I want to do that and have a 5 hour wait at the airport. Can we now get there a bit later or is it wise to proceed as planned. We have checked in online but have bags to go in the hold. Sorry for the mega boring post but I can't seem to get any answers online at this time of night.

Cheers!

First things first - keep an eye on the Airline website in case they bring the flight forward again.

Assuming your hotel is one of those attached to the airport, don't check out of your hotel room first thing. You could still get up early and do the bag drop. The desk will then advise about the current delay. If it is still an 11:10 departure, you can go back to your room, grab some more sleep, enjoy a leisurely breakfast or even just sit around in comfort rather than being stuck in the terminal.

If it is back to normal, you then just walk back, check out and go back to the airport.

Enjoy your trip.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Cheers!

Are you on the Palma de Mallorca flight? If so [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]jet are online for queries (Twitter) right now.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Nice one thanks guys, normally I 'carry on' but as its a family trip we had to pack the hair dryer, straighteners etc... I will have to find a way to entertain 2 kids for a whole morning :(
I really do appreciate the response, thank you!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Are you on the Palma de Mallorca flight? If so [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]jet are online for queries (Twitter) right now.
Yes but Twitter account says 8am-8pm and they haven't responded to my 8.20pm tweet

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
First things first - keep an eye on the Airline website in case they bring the flight forward again.

Assuming your hotel is one of those attached to the airport, don't check out of your hotel room first thing. You could still get up early and do the bag drop. The desk will then advise about the current delay. If it is still an 11:10 departure, you can go back to your room, grab some more sleep, enjoy a leisurely breakfast or even just sit around in comfort rather than being stuck in the terminal.

If it is back to normal, you then just walk back, check out and go back to the airport.

Enjoy your trip.

This is something I hadn't thought of doing! This place is great for this kind of thing, much appreciated! (Is there really a chance the flight might not be delayed? I hope this is the case but would have thought once announced then that is that?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice one thanks guys, normally I 'carry on' but as its a family trip we had to pack the hair dryer, straighteners etc... I will have to find a way to entertain 2 kids for a whole morning :(
I really do appreciate the response, thank you!

You're okay then, it's the rest of the family who have the problem. Go back to bed and let them worry about checking in their hair dryers and stuff.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This is something I hadn't thought of doing! This place is great for this kind of thing, much appreciated! (Is there really a chance the flight might not be delayed? I hope this is the case but would have thought once announced then that is that?)

I see that your flight was put back to the correct time this morning!

Enjoy your holiday . :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Flight cancelled back from Berlin last night , luckily got on a later one which was then delayed. All to do with the froggies air traffic control strikes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here