Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig's burpee challenge

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yes, that was me who brightened up your Monday morning yesterday on the club website: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/craig-peters-burpee-challenge-3141399.aspx

Needless to say, if I can turn to the lovely ladies and gents who grace NSC for any donations of any size then I will be eternally grateful. I've been overwhelmed by so many lovely messages and donations and these are genuinely spurring me on. I'm desperate to raise as much as possible for these guys who saved the lives of our twin boys before they were even born after we were diagnosed with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome [TTTS] - something which occurs in just 10% of multiple pregnancies:

justgiving.com/Craig-PetersTTTs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20160531_70371

We appreciate we are one of the lucky families so this challenge is for both the consultants at St George's and of course the families who have gone through or are currently going through the horrible experience of TTTS.

To -re-cap, I am doing over 67,000 burpees this year to raise money for the New Kit Appeal, which includes raising £25,000 for fetal endoscopic equipment at St George’s Hospital. I am adding one on each day of the year – one burpee on the 1st January, two on the 2nd January, and so on. Today is day 167 so that's 167 burpees. I am now fast approaching the 14,000 mark. The full story can be found on the Seagulls website.

I'm on Twitter @ForTheBoysTTTS (I only launched that a couple of weeks ago) where I am posting all my burpee videos if you wish to follow. Right, I'm off to do my 167...

Cheers all

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck with it, Craig and all the best to you and your family.

Are we talking half or full burpees? (Either one would be impressive, but the latter would be mental – and definitely worth a few extra quid!)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Good luck with it, Craig and all the best to you and your family.

Are we talking half or full burpees? (Either one would be impressive, but the latter would be mental – and definitely worth a few extra quid!)

Thanks mate. Nah, it's the full ones so I guess I must have some sort of screw loose. Done my 167 for today now. I appreciate though that as I approach the end of the year I'm going to have to break them up into sections (100 before work, 100 at lunch, 100 when I get home)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thanks mate. Nah, it's the full ones so I guess I must have some sort of screw loose. Done my 167 for today now. I appreciate though that as I approach the end of the year I'm going to have to break them up into sections (100 before work, 100 at lunch, 100 when I get home)

:bowdown:

A mate of mine did the 100-burpee challenge a while back, but keeping that going up to 365 days? Brilliant.

I did half ones this morning at a session and couldn't believe how (relatively) easy they are, compared with the full ones. Not sure how many I could do in one go – I might try it sometime...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here