Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Troost Ekong

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We're being linked with this young22 centre back on Twitter.
I can't do the link thing, he's already singed, according to Wilipedia.
He's Nigerian playing for Gent in Belgium

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Indeed his wikipedia entry, which I have just checked, has him signing for us today.

Looks interesting if he is. Nigerian International who is 6'3".

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Dutch media saying we've made an offer!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Wilipedia" :lolol:

He's been given GG's number too. According to Wilipedia (I love it).

At last, we're linked to a player I know something about and have seen play. No, not really. :shrug:

Notwithstanding that, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's brilliant. Or shitehouse. One or the other.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Wow. Years ago when I played FM I would start in the Conference South and work up. I would always sign this guy on a free from Tottenham, and he was amazing. From Conference South to the Championship. On that basis this is a great signing.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
If we're signing anyone from Gent I'd rather we signed Moses Simon, a 20 year old Nigerian forward, very quick and tricky. Laurent Depoitre would be a great signing but there are quite a few big clubs after him so he would probably cost too much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, I'd have liked us to avoid signing any more players from the Netherlands. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my faith in the recruitment team (and assume that Wiki has got it right, which isn't always guaranteed!) and hope he comes good for us. His record to date doesn't look too impressive, though.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
To be honest, I'd have liked us to avoid signing any more players from the Netherlands. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my faith in the recruitment team (and assume that Wiki has got it right, which isn't always guaranteed!) and hope he comes good for us. His record to date doesn't look too impressive, though.

just as well gents in belgium then hehe

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Yeah, I wouldn't want any pkayers like Van Dijk, he's crap, i don't know how he managed to be one of the best young defenders in the Premier League. So glad we didnt sign him, dodged a bullet there

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
just as well gents in belgium then hehe
OMG, you really do make a complete prat of yourself when you try to be a smart-arse, don't you.

William Troost Ekong - born in the Netherlands, but qualifies to play for Nigeria. Has played all his league football in the Netherlands, or on loan in Norway. He was on Gent's books - and they are indeed Belgian, as you so smartly pointed out - but he's never kicked a ball in anger for them.

Now, anything else you'd like to hehe about?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, I wouldn't want any pkayers like Van Dijk, he's crap, i don't know how he managed to be one of the best young defenders in the Premier League. So glad we didnt sign him, dodged a bullet there
Yes, Van Dijk is good. He doesn't play for us though. Neither did Cruyff, Neeskens and co.

But - you think you can use him to make a point. OK then, I'll give you Kemy Agustien, Roland Bergkamp, Danny Holla and Elvis Manu. So yes, on the whole I'd like us to have avoided any more players from Holland. If he turns out to be good, fine - as I said in my original post if you'd bothered to read it all through. But my reservations about buying players from the nether reaches of netherlands football still remain.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes, Van Dijk is good. He doesn't play for us though. Neither did Cruyff, Neeskens and co.

But - you think you can use him to make a point. OK then, I'll give you Kemy Agustien, Roland Bergkamp, Danny Holla and Elvis Manu. So yes, on the whole I'd like us to have avoided any more players from Holland. If he turns out to be good, fine - as I said in my original post if you'd bothered to read it all through. But my reservations about buying players from the nether reaches of netherlands football still remain.

We tried to sing Van Dijk, before he went to Celtic, our bid was turned down apparently, hence my use of him to point out how ridiculous it is to write off a whole countries players, on the back of a few shite signings

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We tried to sing Van Dijk, before he went to Celtic, our bid was turned down apparently, hence my use of him to point out how ridiculous it is to write off a whole countries players, on the back of a few shite signings

If it was up to NSC we'd only sign strikers from Burton or Bristol Rovers. Typical parochial viewpoint adopted by idiots based upon a tiny sample.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I haven't written this Ekong bloke off, as you'll see if you read my posts - I said I'll just have to keep faith with our recruitment team. Happy to do that, and will be delighted if he turns out to be brilliant. I think you'll find 'a few shite signings' is not quite an accurate way of describing the 80% failure rate we've had with signings from that particular country's players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here