Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro Exchange Quandry

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Anyone else on NSC got a holiday coming up and in two minds about when to exchange their cash up?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone else on NSC got a holiday coming up and in two minds about when to exchange their cash up?

Yes. Waiting to see if Cornwall is planning on Engxit after the Brexit result . . . .

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Got my euros already JIC!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went LARGE buying Euros a month ago before travelling to France to watch the football in a few days.

In my opinion the markets had vastly underpriced the chances of an OUT vote.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The market doesn't like uncertainty. Was always going to drop before referendum. Vote in will win and the pound will pick up

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I went to Lanzarote a month ago, over here the rate was around 1.24 but in Lanzarote you could get 1.31 to the pound. I'm not sure if it is generally better to exchange once you are abroad but I will probably do so in the future.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm going to a festival in Bratislava the day after the referendum. Should be interesting getting my euros in the run-up to that. Only saving grace is that a) I'm only going for a couple of days; and b) the cost of living in Slovakia is ridiculously cheap.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I went to Lanzarote a month ago, over here the rate was around 1.24 but in Lanzarote you could get 1.31 to the pound. I'm not sure if it is generally better to exchange once you are abroad but I will probably do so in the future.

Always better abroad

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
That's handy to know. Cheers for that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Now the best being offered is !.25 cash 1.27 cheques.(assuming travelers cheques) I got the same rate in Imperial Arcade Brighton 10 days ago.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was in Corfu last week and got some Euros out of the cashpoint. I dunno what the rate was but I spent a few of them on a nice pizza and a few beers. Hope that helps.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Need dollars and the rate is going down quicker than a whores drawers...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I was in Corfu last week and got some Euros out of the cashpoint. I dunno what the rate was but I spent a few of them on a nice pizza and a few beers. Hope that helps.
Oh yeah. Massively [emoji4]

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Bought just over £500 Euros a week ago at €1.29 and today it was down to €1.25. Am I rich?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So much better when eu countries stick o there own currencies. Thankfully Poland doesn't have euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here