Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy and Wayne warn England fans...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This nice of them.. from their 5* comforts and 1st class travel... they presume to give Joe blogs advice on how you shouldn't react if attacked by Putin's Pugilists whilst enjoying a cold beer at the end of a hot day on holiday!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not a warning, its an appeal. A fairly pointless one though, but I guess we have to show UEFA that we're doing all we can.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Dear old Roy, like a benign uncle you haven't seen for years. Small in stature, rather quirky but totally harmless. Brings inappropriate presents for the kids, has one glass of sherry, pays lip service to the other guests and then slips quietly away for his slippers and coffee. Rather samey, rather boring, rather average. Doesn't leave a lasting impression.
Wayne...Wayne...Wayne....the errant reformer....aggressive before, placatory now. Potential blunted, frustration growing, ears reddening, career waning.
Like Canute, trying to turn back the waves, they appeal to our boys. Its like warning Nile crocodiles to ignore the Wildebeest crossing. Centuries and centuries have gone into honing our boys into lean ( or maybe not so, these days ) mean fighting machines. They are not going to let some misguided Russians think they can ride into town, all guns blazing.
The Russians started it with their taunting...." You have a gnome for a manager "....." Your only striker takes your corners "...." Your leading goalscorer of all-time is playing deep in midfield ".....and finally, most hurtfully...." Raheem Stirling is brilliant, he is a world beater. We admire him and want him in our side "......Is it any wonder they are appealing for calm?

boik

Jeez, some people on here are really petty! What do you expect them to say - "Carry on fighting you're doing a great job"?

Anyone that thinks that "Stay safe, avoid trouble" is bad advice or provocative is just looking for any opportunity to have a pop at the manager and the captain.

And people that think there is some kind of "honour" in fronting up the Russians rather than trying to avoid trouble are just as guilty as the Russians and why we are in this situation. I've more respect for the people that were running away and climbing over fences.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Jeez, some people on here are really petty! What do you expect them to say - "Carry on fighting you're doing a great job"?

Anyone that thinks that "Stay safe, avoid trouble" is bad advice or provocative is just looking for any opportunity to have a pop at the manager and the captain.

And people that think there is some kind of "honour" in fronting up the Russians rather than trying to avoid trouble are just as guilty as the Russians and why we are in this situation. I've more respect for the people that were running away and climbing over fences.

Agreed.

Meanwhile the Russians are saying:
Igor Lebedev, a Russian Football Union (RFU) official and MP from the populist Liberal Democratic party, tweeted that there was "nothing wrong with fans fighting". He told them to "keep up the good work".

Radio journalist and former RFU spokesman Andrei Malosolov wrote a lengthy blog post on the "Russian fans' victory at Marseille port", praising the ultras' fitness levels and "stylish" look, as well as their ability to fight.

"Are the Russians not worthy of respect for their fearlessness?" he said, adding that "at the very least, they gave a kicking to citizens of a country that is, both historically and geopolitically, Russia's greatest enemy"

Madness!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I often wonder if Russia is not a State but a mafia, lead by Don Putin. They worry me currently, plenty of posturing and meddling in other countries affairs. Now trying to destabilise a global event in western Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here