Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Is there too much INTER MINGLING going on at the EURO ?

2 Not allowed!
    If you're BORN where you're BORN that is who you are , so why are so many FOREIGNERS playing for different countries ? The Xhaka brothers are playing for different countries FFS, what is that all about ?

World Football will mean NOTHING soon if all this PICKING who you play for CARRIES on ? Why are they allowed to INTERMINGLE like the GERMAN playing for RUSSIA last night, he's played for Germany so that is that ?

I'm SICKENED by it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you're BORN where you're BORN that is who you are , so why are so many FOREIGNERS playing for different countries ? The Xhaka brothers are playing for different countries FFS, what is that all about ?

World Football will mean NOTHING soon if all this PICKING who you play for CARRIES on ? Why are they allowed to INTERMINGLE like the GERMAN playing for RUSSIA last night, he's played for Germany so that is that ?

I'm SICKENED by it.
      Even got Russian Irish fans now!
      On a winner here The Brighton Bear's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quite right Ernest. I am English and the Krauts could try and lure me with their various sausages but I would hold true to my birthplace.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I agree, Republic of Ireland have never done that in the past, when Jack O'Charlton was in charge you only had to fly over Ireland and you were in with a shout of selection.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      If you're BORN where you're BORN that is who you are .
      I def wouldn't go that far.Your nationality isn't just about where you were born but I agree with you there is too much inter mingling.

England don't have it so much.I support Italy and over recent years including for this tournament we've had/have players who qualify to play for us just because the've lived in Italy for 5 years.That's totally unacceptable.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I'd like more inter mingling in the English team couple of Germans..maybe five for penalties...French and so on...chuck in the odd home player for appearance sake....might win something
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      In the egg game a South African Irish player was sent of against South Africa yesterday whoops what about half the England cricket team came from South Africa.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      If you think it's bad now, just wait until Qatar host the world cup. I wager a fair few Brazilians will suddenly find that they have roots in the middle east.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      For all the tripe that Ernest talks I actually think he has a point on this one. If you can only play for the country of your birth it would end all of these shenanigans once and for all
      Pretentious,moi?
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
      In the egg game a South African Irish player was sent of against South Africa yesterday whoops what about half the England cricket team came from South Africa.
      In recent years, in rugby, most of the All Blacks 2nd XV played for, either England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales. The All Blacks 1st XV have come any island that you can think in the South Pacific.

Please, don't get me started on Zola Budd. No, she didn't play rugby.