Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rain threatening and cold, should be a cracker.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Canada usually delivers on entertainment, hopefully this will be no exception.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My favourite track up until a couple of years ago when I stopped watching F1 due to its utter dullness these days.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lewis is bit crap at starts this season and tends to let Rosberg though, from what Lauda said it looks like 2nd into the bend, assuming one and two are Mercs, will have to hold station for a few laps to avoid what happened two races ago

Come on Lewis

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very very dull since the first corner of the race so far....sadly *snooze*

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Will Hamiltons tyres hold out to the end without another pit stop?
Yes.

What a terrible shame that Nico arsed up after passing Verstappen, by the way.

Loved Lewis's post race nod to Muhammad Ali too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
wasnt watching the race but the bbc sport said that Vettel was catching Hamilton up with his new tyres but seeing the result it appears they were wrong he wasnt.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Hamilton gets a slow start, then pushes his team mate and title rival off the road. That's a l lesson you should teach to your children to get on with life.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Does any one really like F1 these days when 1. Whoever has a Mercedes wins. 2. It`s only on Sky.....I used to but not now..Find it Boring, Boring, Boring:yawn::yawn::yawn:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
wasnt watching the race but the bbc sport said that Vettel was catching Hamilton up with his new tyres but seeing the result it appears they were wrong he wasnt.

He was catching at a rate that Hamilton was allowing. He was managing his tyres and once Vettel was within about 4/5 seconds Hamilton matched him lap for lap.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does any one really like F1 these days when 1. Whoever has a Mercedes wins. 2. It`s only on Sky.....I used to but not now..Find it Boring, Boring, Boring:yawn::yawn::yawn:

F1 has pretty much always been thus. This is why we remember classic seasons like Hunt v Lauder because it is unusual to have 2 cars, 2 drivers in 2 separate teams so evenly matched. You have to go back to the '70s / early '80s to a time when teams traded blows and pretty much a different team won it each year. Once McLaren won in '84, they won 7 of the next 8 championships. This season is certainly less boring than when Ferrari would never put anyone who could actually compete with Schumacher in their 2nd car.

It is bubbling along nicely now with Ferrari, Red Bull and potentially Williams all closing the gap on the Mercedes. It is also interesting to see how the Mercedes team handle the pressure. Had Red Bull not cocked up Ricciardo's pit stop in Monaco, or Ferrari had been more bullish on their tyres yesterday, we'd be looking at a very different championship picture. Think its an exciting season so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here