Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Alcohol now banned from 'near' grounds for the rest of the tournament. Got to admit if I was going over just as a normal fan that would really put a dampener on it, part of British football for me is meeting up with your mates and having a few beers before / after the game, and can imagine its even better in the sun during a championship like this

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
If I were UEFA I would def ban English and Russian fans.The English in particular as we know have a history of violence abroad.This tournament is different from others due to the threat from ISIS.The french police have enough to deal with so they really don't need this scum distracting them and using valuable manpower.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
They could kick us out easily but if they were to kick Russia out it would open a whole can of worms regarding their ability to host the next world cup

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If I were UEFA I would def ban English and Russian fans.The English in particular as we know have a history of violence abroad.This tournament is different from others due to the threat from ISIS.The french police have enough to deal with so they really don't need this scum distracting them and using valuable manpower.

Have you invented a tank with forward gears yet:moo:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Why don't you send your application off then, I think you'd fit right in.

Moron

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

:fishing:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

I am going to bite here, so you want to ban for things that happened in the 80s when probably loads of the young guys who have gone over were not even born? Give it a rest

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I am going to bite here, so you want to ban for things that happened in the 80s when probably loads of the young guys who have gone over were not even born? Give it a rest

See that's the problem.Loads of limp excuses.Never an acknowledgement of the fans actions.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
See that's the problem.Loads of limp excuses.Never an acknowledgement of the fans actions.

But there is. Ultra Russian football hooligans tooled up. Video showing them launching unprovoked attacks. Despicable OM fans joining in. Plenty there but, hey ho, let's all focus on the English.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
But there is. Ultra Russian football hooligans tooled up. Video showing them launching unprovoked attacks. Despicable OM fans joining in. Plenty there but, hey ho, let's all focus on the English.

I wasn't talking about just last night.What about the first 3 days.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why?Because I have a different opinion from those who are making excuses for england fans?Can you only post on this thread if you think the fans are victims?

Maybe those posting on this thread have read ALL the reports, not just those written in the Sun, in order to formulate their opinion

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Why?Because I have a different opinion from those who are making excuses for england fans?Can you only post on this thread if you think the fans are victims?

Because your opinions are terrible, you are misinformed, and you're embarrassing yourself.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A minority of the England fans are there to get pissed up, luzz some chairs and have a scrap, they are pricks. However, the thuggery seen by the Russians seems to be coordinated, planned, indiscriminate and violent in the extreme, they are criminals.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Weren't French fans also involved? I'd like to see UEFA threaten to ban the hosts from the tournament!

Some guy called Nav or Naz from Channel 4 was interviewed by Stan Colleymore on his Periscope live video from Marseille (where crazy Stan gets tear gassed). This guy said that Ultras from Toulouse and Nice had come down for some of the action (my words, obv.)

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
A minority of the England fans are there to get pissed up, luzz some chairs and have a scrap, they are pricks. However, the thuggery seen by the Russians seems to be coordinated, planned, indiscriminate and violent in the extreme, they are criminals.

Planned or not planned what's the difference?Are you saying what the english fans have been doing the last 3 days is ok because it wasn't planned?Well maybe it was but if not it doesn't make a difference.Do you think it's acceptable if during more troubles with the police being stretched that an Islamic terrorist could slip in and kill people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here