Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Just need to get a mole into the Russian stands now and set off some fireworks.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes you were being harsh, very harsh actually. Although I'm not sure Mr Hoddle would agree with your sweeping assumption and generalisation re his "intelligence." The generalisation being based on what you've seen and feel, something you castigate me for. Hoddle would doubtless surprise you with the facts re his relative intelligence I'm sure.

As for my majority comment, I apologised for it.

Re my nationality of course I'm English and have no links to the Solomon Isles. My study herein of the, sadly predictable, xenophobic reaction to my post(s) of a minority granted, acutely illustrates the problem we have as a nation. When faced with a contradictory slant from the accepted norm/flow of a debate/situation a proportion resort to name calling, dare I say violence?!? and in this case racist comments. Nasty pieces of work one or two in this thread, not to mention gullible reprobates.

Kosh

You apologised and then reiterated that you thought it possible that 51% of fans were involved in causing trouble. You ignored my posts about the evidence to the contrary. I stand by everything I said but I give up on trying to converse with you as you're not interested in facts.

And if you think that what I said was "very harsh" then there's really no hope! :ffsparr:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
British football thing maybe. But I don't buy that its universal, most people go to games in other countries as guests - that was experience of Euro 96 - but when overseas a large number of our lot behave abhorrently. I'm not saying they deserve what has happened to them in Marseille, but you can see why it has happened to them.
Why are so many desperate to shift the blame to the English fans? And no, it isn't a British football thing either. I was travelling from Frankfurt to Gütersloh and we stopped at a services en route for a rest and a coffee. There were a number of coaches carrying fans from one of the German clubs and the people were already milling about. After a few minutes three coach loads of rival supporters arrived and there followed a pitched battle, bottle throwing and Nazi songs and salutes. There were no English or Brits present apart from myself and I had feck all to do with any of the violence or trouble.

I suspect that the majority of English supporters in France have nothing to do with what we've been watching on the news recently. The French and Russians in Marseille appear to be intent on attacking the English and are clearly very well organised. The drunken loutish behaviour by the English is not an acceptable way to conduct themselves but nor is it an excuse for well trained Russians to wade into innocent people enjoying a quiet drink and beat the snot out of them.

Brits do need to conduct themselves better when overseas but again, it isn't behaviour exclusive to Brits and nor is it the majority who travel.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You apologised and then reiterated that you thought it possible that 51% of fans were involved in causing trouble. You ignored my posts about the evidence to the contrary. I stand by everything I said but I give up on trying to converse with you as you're not interested in facts.

And if you think that what I said was "very harsh" then there's really no hope! :ffsparr:

I utterly condemn the Russian thugs, this was plain in my first post. The days preceding the first match had seen clear provocation of the locals by our wannabe chav hard men. This was most definitely the majority of pissed up fans, and it was awful to watch.

The organised Russian violence at the game was again awful, but provocation on our part was going on throughout the 90 mins. The fact that the Russians were going to rampage in any event, simply does not condone our own moronic actions in the build up to and during the game.

The police were in up to their necks, friend or foe the scene was clearly chaotic. To sit there and claim we are innocent of all charges, is a HUGE leap of blind faith and loyalty to an in-determined number of loutish English goons.

As you so evidently cut the wheat from the chaff, akin to some post industrial revolution combine, I doubt you'll aknowledge any of the above as having some basis in a word so dear to thee: FACT.

That's all I'm going to say, if we behave for the rest of the tournament I'll gladly admit, heck - I was wrong. I doubt you'll do the same if we get booted out of the tournament, call me a cynic, but I doubt you have the personality to cope.

As an aside; I asked a non football fan who I work alongside the other day what proportion of England fans who travel to tournaments are idiots? The answer: 90%. Don't shoot the messenger, but I doubt that % is climbing any higher right now.

Sometimes a perception can be as damning as the so called facts. Oh well, bring on Wales.

Kosh

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I utterly condone the Russian thugs, this was plain in my first post. The days preceding the first match had seen clear provocation of the locals by our wannabe chav hard men. This was most definitely the majority of pissed up fans, and it was awful to watch.

The organised Russian violence at the game was again awful, but provocation on our part was going on throughout the 90 mins. The fact that the Russians were going to rampage in any event, simply does not condone our own moronic actions in the build up to and during the game.

The police were in up to their necks, friend or foe the scene was clearly chaotic. To sit there and claim we are innocent of all charges, is a HUGE leap of blind faith and loyalty to an in-determined number of loutish English goons.

As you so evidently cut the wheat from the chaff, akin to some post industrial revolution combine, I doubt you'll aknowledge any of the above as having some basis in a word so dear to thee: FACT.

That's all I'm going to say, if we behave for the rest of the tournament I'll gladly admit, heck - I was wrong. I doubt you'll do the same if we get booted out of the tournament, call me a cynic, but I doubt you have the personality to cope.

Kosh

You utterly condone the Russians behaviour? As in condone, definition accept and approve of. I despair at your attitude

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I told you Kosh, I've given up trying to speak sensibly to you because all you do is ramble incoherent nonsense. Your last post is another example. I'm out. :bigwave:

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Also in this rush to blame the English, people forget or gloss over the trouble that has occurred involving the Germans & Ukrainians, the Northern Irish & Polish / French locals, it's not fashionable to report on if it isn't England involved.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I told you Kosh, I've given up trying to speak sensibly to you because all you do is ramble incoherent nonsense. Your last post is another example. I'm out. :bigwave:

One unfortunate typo aside, I'm struggling to see how that's an incoherent ramble? hmmmmm you've got a bit of a chip on you shoulder haven't you mate?

Axe to grind, springs to mind.

Oh well, take care.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here