Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With the Brexit vote date next Thursday, there's a chance that we might be thrown out of Europe before we choose whether to leave Europe.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe they could have employed some well trained stewards & police to inhabit the dividing area? According to those who were there, there was no-one there to stop anything,

Surely it should be the police?

Why would a steward who is on minimum wage want to get in the way of a rush of fans?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
....UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016 if there is any further violence by fans.

Brilliant. What better incentive for Welsh hooligans (of which there will be plenty) or other idiots to provoke a reaction out of the English later this week, than a threat to throw England out of the tournament? How on earth are the FA supposed to control the movement & behaviour of non-ticket holders to/in host cities?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Weren't French fans also involved? I'd like to see UEFA threaten to ban the hosts from the tournament!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Whilst I condem any form of violence I do think this was a new breed of extremism and violence on the Russian side for a European event and whilst England were not blameless the Russian fans were well organised and had help from other extremist groups and took this to another level ,this type of violence isnt a spur of the moment thing it is something that had been planned over a long period of time and is synonymous with their football culture I am afraid .

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Rabid dogs with passports.

As far as I am aware Russia do not have banning orders like we do here and do not take passports away. A large group of Russians flew to Switzerland and hired cars to get in to France undetected, why are the authorities not taking things like that in to account, you dont do that if you are just going to a game having a few pints before and a sing song

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
The Russian Football Union only recently came out of a three and a half year suspended sentence following violence by its 'fans'. They really deserve to be kicked out now.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's only taken the action as there was trouble caused by the russkies in the stadium. Outside they are not interested.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant. What better incentive for Welsh hooligans (of which there will be plenty) or other idiots to provoke a reaction out of the English later this week, than a threat to throw England out of the tournament? How on earth are the FA supposed to control the movement & behaviour of non-ticket holders to/in host cities?

....and more importantly cause trouble with Russian maniacs and get England and Russia both thrown out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just had a txt from a mate at the Turkey v Croatia game . Seems the Turks are playing up now.

Germans and Ukrainians at it now. Nazi flag waving and big battles in Lille.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Presumably all the relevant nations will also receive a warning like us and the Russians?

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here