Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
....if there is any further violence by fans.

It has begun disciplinary proceedings against Russia - but not England - after "totally unacceptable" scenes at Saturday's England-Russia game.

Footage appeared to show Russia fans rush at England supporters after the Euro 2016 1-1 draw in Marseille.

Charges against Russia are for crowd disturbances, racist behaviour, and setting off fireworks, Uefa confirmed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It has begun disciplinary proceedings against Russia - but not England - after "totally unacceptable" scenes at Saturday's England-Russia game.

Footage appeared to show Russia fans rush at England supporters after the Euro 2016 1-1 draw in Marseille.

Charges against Russia are for crowd disturbances, racist behaviour, and setting off fireworks, Uefa confirmed.

So, what are England charged with?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What I don't understand is why there seems to be so few arrests! Surely the French riot police should be getting in there and snatching out those fighting and then getting them deported with football banning orders.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps they could ban both nations from holding a world cup in the next 6 years?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Tweeted by Moose

CkwgWZRWsAAF5Vb.jpg large.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I had read that English police who are there to assist French police and to act as liaison to England fans were among those attacked yesterday and others gave emergency first aid etc

Wonder if that will reach uefa

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Diverting valuable police resources away from the clear and present danger of a terrorist attack over the course of three days?

Is that the reason why there was seemingly zero security in and around the stadium itself? How else could the Russian fans get fireworks and flares into the ground, and how else could the Russian fans just wander across the divide between the different groups and attack the England supporters?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Have you been living in a cave since Thursday afternoon?

No I have been following closely the over policing and attacks on England fans that go to drink at a tournament. Do we see this sort of thing at games in the UK? I have been to many Sunderland Newcastle matches and we hate each other but have never ever seen anything like yesterday, and there are a lot more fans at those games than were at the port yesterday

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Same old story. Not saying we're angels, but UEFA always appear keen to be threatening or banning us whilst other nations seem to pretty much get away with anything.

Let's see what comes of the disciplinary proceedings against Russia. My guess is, not a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here