Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with Soufflee problem

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
anyone on here got any experience of doing Soufflees?

Trying to do a twice baked roquefort Soufflee and following the recipe in Delia Smiths book but every time I take it out the oven it goes floppy and sinks slowly back down. pretty hceesed off with it now NO PUN INTENDED, any ideas?

regards

DR

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Give it to the Russian lads? I doubt they'll notice it isn't right. Whatever you do, don't serve it to us Brighton scarfers; we'd know it was wrong straight away.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Trying to do a twice baked roquefort Soufflee and following the recipe in Delia Smiths book but every time I take it out the oven it goes floppy and sinks slowly back down. pretty hceesed off with it now NO PUN INTENDED, any ideas?

regards

DR

Leaving it to Remain in the oven means it will eventually be spoiled, then you will realise that it should have been taken Out long before.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

regards

DR
They fall. That's just what they do. There's no structure to hold them up other than being inflated with hot air. As soon as they start to cool they drop. You've got about one minute to serve them while they still look great, but by the time you've taken a couple bites they'll be deflated.

Found on interweb :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

regards

DR

very common problem for the older gastronome......get mrs. ppf to shove her finger in it ....no charge..:wink:

Read your souffle recipe. Then, read it again. Reading the recipe over ensures you are to make sure you are clear on the instructions and, very important, you have all the ingredients prepared and ready. Once you start to make a soufflé it does not like interruption while you try to find that elusive missing ingredient.
Collect together all the equipment you will need to prepare your souffle (this should be in the recipe).
CONTINUE READING BELOW OUR VIDEO
Why Baking Pans Really Matter

Measure and weigh all the ingredients before you start cooking.
Make sure all the equipment you are using is scrupliously clean and grease free. Greasy spoons, bowls or whisk stop egg whites from rising sufficiently which can make the souffle collapse.
Ensure all your ingredients, especially the eggs, are at room temperature. Do not use cold eggs.
Prepare and grease soufflé dishes, either large or individual ones, before you start making the soufflé mixture.
Preheat the oven, so once the soufflé is made and in the dish it can go directly into the oven.
Be warned. It is not an "Old Wives Tale" that opening the door while a soufflé is cooking can cause it to sink, it is true. Be aware that a sudden rise or fall in temperature during cooking will have that effect. Try not to do it though seriously, it will not be a total disaster if you open and close the oven door quickly, but best avoided if at all possible.
The table,side dishes and guests should be assembled and ready before the soufflé goes in the oven. Don't start to cook unless you know you can serve it directly to the table. within no time, a souffle will slowly start to sink. If you want to show-off, then get the souffle to the table as quickly as possible.
Work quickly and calmly, and most of all have fun; there's no greater joy than cooking for oneself, family or friends.:moo:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

regards

DR

I suspect this is a COMEDY, but did you actually bake them TWICE?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
food-drink-bun_in_the_oven-souffles-ovens-pregnancies-baby-rde5952_low.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

regards

DR

image.jpg

I heard you was in France, watching Germany :whistle:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was funny the first few times, but it's a bit out of order hacking the bloke's account.
It's not hacked.

Pretty PInk Fairy is different to Pretty pink fairy.

It's a good copy as the post history was somehow copied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here