Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings at Pulse nightclub in Orlando

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:nono:

Very sad news - you have to question what needs to happen before things will change over there. I certainly can't imagine that electing Tango Tan Trump would help the situation.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:nono:

Very sad news - you have to question what needs to happen before things will change over there. I certainly can't imagine that electing Tango Tan Trump would help the situation.

All the time the republicans have the control over law making absolutely nothing will happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And make them pay for it.

Of course if gays didn't EXIST, none of this would have happened.

hqdefault.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Just had an argument with some Americans about gun control.

Their argument was that guns actually "prevented" shootings and when seen as a proportion of deaths in the USA, mass shootings only accounted for a tiny percentage.

Ignoring of course all the other gun-related deaths and police shootings. Jesus wept :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Police sources have identified the gunman in the mass shooting at a gay club in Florida as 30-year-old Omar Mateen, an American citizen whose parents are from Afghanistan, according to US media reports.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Very sad.
The local sheriff has described the shooting as a "domestic terror incident

I saw this earlier and thought 'obviously not a white man, then'. But it seemed too cheap a point to make (when it's a white guy it's 'mass shooting' when the perpetrator isn't white it's 'terrorism'). It turns out the suspect (a US citizen) being named has a name that makes him sound non-white.

(I'm not a big fan of naming the perpetrators of such incidents, giving them the attention and notoriety that perhaps they crave, but that also likely feeds the psyche of potential perpetrators, if people want to know the id of this guy, thry can google it).

EDIT: I see while writing this post, someone else has already posted his name in this thread.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here