Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Released Players...

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Rosicky would probably command a salary outside out wage structure, could always try a pay per play contract. I'm sure there'll be other prem and European clubs sniffing me around him already!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can we just take a second to realise that Chelsea's Kurt Zouma's middle name is 'Happy'.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There's a good few who could do a job, Nick Powell, Pienaar, Sidwell, Rosicky, Toure.. I'm sure a few of those would have too high a wages. Then there's always the option of taking on Dean Hammond for a 3rd spell...

Full list of released players in link below:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-players-released-or-retained-by-their-clubs

Sell Dunk for £10m+ (see other thread), get Kolo Toure, and spend that money on a Spanish or Argentinian goalscorer = promotion :thumbsup:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Steven Fletcher would score plenty of goals in the Championship.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rosicky would probably command a salary outside out wage structure, could always try a pay per play contract. I'm sure there'll be other prem and European clubs sniffing me around him already!

£60K a week at Arsenal medical centre last season.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Steven Fletcher would score plenty of goals in the Championship.

He was on £50K a week in Sunderland reserves. When he played he looked a bit better than the rest of the Sunderland forwards (excluding Defoe). Looked better than Borini and Wickham. But that does mean he is/was good.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
McLaughlin, Ryan (Liverpool)
Taylor, Stephen (Newcastle)

attracted my interest, mainly as I had seen them play before.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Roiscky fit would be great . But he's never fit .

I think Arsenal agreed to release him so that he could go home, I think I saw that somewhere.

Stephen Fletcher would be a good buy but I think we probably couldn't afford what he could command if he went abroad. I would sign Sylvin Distin for a year. On those lists there isn't much else worth going for and, Sidwell is probably the best of all that lot

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Bristol City fans have good things to say about Peter Odemwingie in the 7 matches he was on loan there.

He's been quoted as saying he feels he has two good years left in him, I think it would be a good fit.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I actually think there's some good players and prospects there. It all comes down to wages though for the older guys and starting every week having been fully scouted the last 6 months since it became apparently they were likely to be released, for the younger ones

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest surprise to me was seeing Richard Wright was still at Man City until being released. He's older than me!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Joel Ekstrand from that list was solid for Watford in the year they got promoted from the Championship and the year before, but was out for the entirety of last season with a Cruciate injury.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
He was on £50K a week in Sunderland reserves. When he played he looked a bit better than the rest of the Sunderland forwards (excluding Defoe). Looked better than Borini and Wickham. But that does mean he is/was good.

What do you mean by 'when he played'? He spent most of last season at Marseille, Wickham plays for Palace and Borini is one of Sunderland's best players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Arsenal agreed to release him so that he could go home, I think I saw that somewhere.

Stephen Fletcher would be a good buy but I think we probably couldn't afford what he could command if he went abroad. I would sign Sylvin Distin for a year. On those lists there isn't much else worth going for and, Sidwell is probably the best of all that lot

Sylvin Distin????

He must be nearly 40..... If we are going for has-been's would prefer Toure. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here