Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
When, as the Derby fan put it, the team was built around him
Compare the dross at the bottom of the Championship vs the dross at the bottom of the Premier League: the gulf is huge.

Indeed. Pretty hard not to call it a good season though, which is what I was responding to. Obviously if Dyche asks him to play the Ashley Barnes role then he isn't going to be as effective. If he played in a two with Wood then he would do fine. He gives them something they have very little of up front and that is pace.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
While his recruitment strategy is obviously working for him Sean Dyche seems to go for solid 'safe' players that fit his system. He certainly doesn't seem to cast a wide net in the hope of finding a nugget. I rather like the way our backroom team are going about their business now but only time will tell.

I know what you mean. When I saw they were trying to sign Sam Clucas last week I thought that had to be the most Burnley signing possible, I'm surprised it didn't go through. Also surprised they didn't go for Alfie Mawson ahead of Fulham.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:moo:

IMG_0050.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have just watched the highlights on Seagulls TV but unable to identify the person who passed to Hendrick so have to accept that to be true.

From the bbc websites report of the game

‘’And 12 seconds into the four minutes of added time Hendrick, on just his second Premier League appearance of the season, made them pay from Matej Vydra's lay-off to keep the two sides level in the league table on five points.’’

You can thank me later

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here