Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-talk-8153802

Crystal Palace have made a £5m bid for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

But Brighton want at least double that amount for their highly-rated centre-back.

Alan Pardew has firmed up his long-standing interest in the centre-half, 24, by tabling an offer though the Seagulls are demanding at least £10m.

The Eagles boss has made landing a left-sided centre-half one of his priorities this summer.

He wants to land a long-term replacement for veteran Damien Delaney, 34.

Pardew is also a fan of Wolves’ England under-21 stopper Kortney Hause and Reading’s Jake Cooper.

But Dunk, rated as one of the best centre-backs in the Championship, has been his first choice for some time and the South Londoners have made their move with an opening bid.

Palace’s offer could spark their rivals for Dunk’s signature into action.

Everton are among the clubs also keen on the stopper who has made over 150 appearances for Brighton.

???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No chance

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I can't see him being her in September. Would not be surprised if part of his new contract last summer was we would let him go to a premier league club if we do not get promoted.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Queue the stampede of clubs supposedly interested. If this is a firm bid and we want £10m then let's hold out for £10m. I would expect we would probably accept around the £8m but that offer would really test our resolve. Surely with that money, we could get one or two additions to the squad, a nice tall strong central defender from a lower level perhaps. In Chris we trust, Tony won't sell for the sake of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bidding War !!!

Palace
West Brom
Everton
Southampton

so far...

Got to be worth 10 million from 1 of that lot.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£10m would be the starting figure. No way would we undersell one of our best players with the money floating around in that league next season. If that's too expensive then we'll keep him, thank you very much.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bidding war opened by the pikeys, very nice for unsettling a player. Bye, bye Dunky, he'll be off somewhere this summer I believe.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
86fc9832e5698d480f9d3ab19ed0c37d.jpg

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
£10m would be the starting figure. No way would we undersell one of our best players with the money floating around in that league next season. If that's too expensive then we'll keep him, thank you very much.

Completely agree. Everton are supposedly interested, they should have loads of money if they sell Stones (for rumoured £25m plus). A ball playing defender like Dunk would be a natural replacement. We shouldn't even look at anything less than £12 million upwards.

I hope we tell Palace **** off - i don't think Dunk would want to go there anyway, he's Brighton through and through.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here