Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC News: Euro 2016: Two England fans arrested after Marseille clash

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Text book chair luzzing.

The Dover/Calais ferry could be fairly lively with the English and Welsh supporters.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shame to see that, although it does seem that locals were clearly looking for a fight.

I was there a week after the Tunisia game for Holland v S Korea in 98 and I thought it was a terrific place to watch football, was definitely on my list if I could have been arsed to sort myself out for this tournament.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I've got form for bemoaning the advent of the modern ' culture' in football but some England fans epitomise total and utter wankerishness, singing stupid songs and bullying locals and other fans , does anyone remember the documentary about the 2006 World Cup ? Showed some England fans acting like the worst kind of bullies , ive only ever been to the euros once, in Portugal 2004, and some of the English fans there were an embarrassment to say the least.

Shame to see that, although it does seem that locals were clearly looking for a fight.

I was there a week after the Tunisia game for Holland v S Korea in 98 and I thought it was a terrific place to watch football, was definitely on my list if I could have been arsed to sort myself out for this tournament.

Went to the Tunisia game 98 plenty of English fans getting robbed at knife point losing money/valuables and family's getting attacked on the beach fanzone area:moo:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You go to France. Do you partake in the local Cuisine and down some good wine? No you go to McDonalds and shout at the police afterwards because you are so fat you cannot join in the fighting but want your mates to think you're f****** hard.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
You go to France. Do you partake in the local Cuisine and down some good wine? No you go to McDonalds and shout at the police afterwards because you are so fat you cannot join in the fighting but want your mates to think you're f****** hard.

Meanwhile, the Marseille locals show how enjoying Euro 2016 can be done differently:

match.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These tournaments do bring out the worst though. I'm willing to bet these guys didn't go to any of the away qualifiers where you get a very different vibe and type of fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here