Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit: The Movie

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've decided to give this a watch, thought I would share for those who are interested.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
1 hour and 11 minutes? I might have better things to do with my time. Big Brother is on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've decided to give this a watch, thought I would share for those who are interested.

I'm sharing this for impartiality.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

its certainly one of the most interesting pieces of media that has emerged out of the debate.
it def deserves to be debated(for or against) as a stand alone piece

sadly this will prob be merged into the other thread and be lost amongst the fog of war....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well that was more interesting than I thought it was going to be. I have to admit I did not know a lot of what was explained in the film, and I am astonished how much lying is going on from the remain side, it's quite scandalous.

Feels like WMD and Iraq all over again.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Well that was more interesting than I thought it was going to be. I have to admit I did not know a lot of what was explained in the film, and I am astonished how much lying is going on from the remain side, it's quite scandalous.

Can't understand why you are surprised?
Whoever is in power, they can't help but lie to us. They think we are too stupid to cope with the truth.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Can't understand why you are surprised?
Whoever is in power, they can't help but lie to us. They think we are too stupid to cope with the truth.

A lot of the people defending remain are not in power, a lot of them are decent & honest people. Makes me sad how people have been so lied to, and how many have believed the lies.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Do you not think there's been a huge amount of lying on both sides?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you not think there's been a huge amount of lying on both sides?
Of course there has.

I suspect the really savvy politicians are the ones we haven't heard much from, who don't wish to be associated with all these lies once this is all over.

Cameron is going anyway, he doesn't care, but Boris will now forever be seen as a liar. I think he has made a massive misjudgement in political strategy.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Of course there has.

I suspect the really savvy politicians are the ones we haven't heard much from, who don't wish to be associated with all these lies once this is all over.

Cameron is going anyway, he doesn't care, but Boris will now forever be seen as a liar. I think he has made a massive misjudgement in political strategy.

Last I heard Boris was the most trusted UK Politician. Generally speaking, while a significant number of people don't agree with Boris on many things, or Nigel Farage on many things, one thing they are rarely accused of is being dishonest. Wrong, sure, but rarely, if ever, dishonest.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Last I heard Boris was the most trusted UK Politician. Generally speaking, while a significant number of people don't agree with Boris on many things, or Nigel Farage on many things, one thing they are rarely accused of is being dishonest. Wrong, sure, but rarely, if ever, dishonest.

Boris Johnson has been sacked for dishonesty, not once but twice.

The fact he's trusted by people in this country is seriously baffling.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

'Lying' as in, you've taken what the leave campaign has claimed at face value, or ensured it has been independently verified and appropriately sourced?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
'Lying' as in, you've taken what the leave campaign has claimed at face value, or ensured it has been independently verified and appropriately sourced?

Have you watched the film?

I don't think there is a single thing said in the film which could or would be argued against. That's why I think people should watch it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
A lot of the people defending remain are not in power, a lot of them are decent & honest people. Makes me sad how people have been so lied to, and how many have believed the lies.

But in saying that you're choosing to believe one side over the other. They're all lying c***s, both sides, all of them, every politician in the country.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
But in saying that you're choosing to believe one side over the other. They're all lying c***s, both sides, all of them, every politician in the country.

I am actually thinking for myself, rather than choosing who I will allow to think on my behalf.

I challenge anyone to watch the Movie in the OP and come here and say what is being said in the movie that is even questionable, let alone a lie.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I am actually thinking for myself, rather than choosing who I will allow to think on my behalf.

I challenge anyone to watch the Movie in the OP and come here and say what is being said in the movie that is even questionable, let alone a lie.

It's a propaganda film by a well-known climate change denier. No thanks.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's a propaganda film by a well-known climate change denier. No thanks.

You chose to ignore those things which don't affirm what you believe. I have listened to the pro remain arguments, I want to understand both sides in order to form an opinion. If you only listen to one side, you can't make an informed decision.

Are you sure the the term climate change denier is accurate? Or do you mean man made climate change? The climate changes, never been in dispute, whether man causes the climate to change, that is in dispute. It's another subject, but the same thing applies. Try not to let your personal prejudices convince you to ignore one side of an argument, otherwise you will end up with an uninformed opinion, instead of an informed one, which is always infinately better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here