Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Referendum debate

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Anyone else watching tonight? More of a Borris vs Sturgeon debate with some side acts

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, going to give the new BBC Series New Blood a view as feed up with the same in or out rubbish

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Just switched on.

First words I heard were Boris pleading he is "proudly descended from foreigners" :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Three ticks already on my bingo card:

"descended from foreigners"

"Project Fear"

"The bus"

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I like politics but this is quite difficult to listen to, people just shouting at each other and both sides painting negative pictures.

I would rather have people being more positive. Amazing the 350 million figure keeps bing banded around when its been so dismissed as incorrect - even from the out side

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How many more times will the Remain "leader" Rudd, state "fact".......... on every issue and when she opens her mouth apparently.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How many more times will the Remain "leader" Rudd, state "fact".......... on every issue and when she opens her mouth apparently.

All six are grating is this the best they can put up from each side.

Shows how well Question time is managed. Its being chaired very robotically and no interaction with an audience

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All six are grating is this the best they can put up from each side.

Shows how well Question time is managed. Its being chaired very robotically and no interaction with an audience

I have to agree, although i would say that the three on the Remain keep butting in when the Leave are having their say. Sturgeon was shown up by Boris re her comments from before.....priceless.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have to agree, although i would say that the three on the Remain keep butting in when the Leave are having their say. Sturgeon was shown up by Boris re her comments from before.....priceless.

If you watch with a more neutral eye they are doing it. How this will sway any wavers each way I don't know.

The best either can hope for is a 10 second clip used on news programmes.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We need to keep our £4,300 so dont brexit

Just like we'll have £350m to spend on the NHS if we leave. Both a load of bullsh*t. So sad the campaign has descended into the 2 positions.

Remain - we have to stay or the economy will collapse and we'll lose all influence in the world, cause WW3 and it will lead to the break up of the Union and now bizarrely the NI Peace Process etc

Leave - The country will be so overrun with foreigners the whole green belt will be concreted over to house them, the NHS and Education systems will collapse and we'll have to join a United States of Europe, a European Army etc

So little positive to say about either aim. We will survive with either result.

Jul 7, 2003
Having sat through the dreadful leave campaign broadcast earlier, I couldn't bring myself to watch this. I assume it is more of the same - both sides looking for scaremongering soundbites rather than anyone giving a decent argument either way.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Boris: 'I...I...I...I...I...fear based, scare campaign' (repeat ad infinitum).

Audience seem to be backing him though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If Sturgeon want a nice close relationship with the EU why does she want away from the UK?

Because Scotland benefit more per person from the UK (than England) and also from the EU. That is why the Scots decided to remain in the UK and will do the same with the EU.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just like we'll have £350m to spend on the NHS if we leave. Both a load of bullsh*t. So sad the campaign has descended into the 2 positions.

Remain - we have to stay or the economy will collapse and we'll lose all influence in the world, cause WW3 and it will lead to the break up of the Union and now bizarrely the NI Peace Process etc

Leave - The country will be so overrun with foreigners the whole green belt will be concreted over to house them, the NHS and Education systems will collapse and we'll have to join a United States of Europe, a European Army etc

So little positive to say about either aim. We will survive with either result.

You have summed up tonight well - I think both sides are just trying to get their sides out - they are not trying to convince anyone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here