Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2016 - Skalak Question

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A friend of mine asked this hypothetical question on Facebook and I thought it would be interesting to see NSC's view:

- If, at some point in Euro 2016, England play the Czech Republic and it comes to pass that Jiri Skalak scores the winner, would you celebrate it?

For me, probably yes. I didn't choose where I was born but I did choose to support the Albion. Club over country every time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
- If, at some point in Euro 2016, England play the Czech Republic and it comes to pass that Jiri Skalak scores the winner, would you celebrate it?
No, that would be dumb.

For me, probably yes. I didn't choose where I was born but I did choose to support the Albion. Club over country every time.
Yeah, but he wouldn't be scoring for Brighton ???

Also, what if he scores a few and secures a move the PL? Would you celebrate that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but I have more affinity for him as an Albion player than for any of the England (or indeed any other) squad.
Yep that's where I'm at, I'd cheer and be pleased for him.

Although I'd be incredibly disappointed in England if they conceded a goal from a player clearly there just to make up the numbers.
Someone who can't pass, tackle, cross or shoot.
A player who shouldn't even be playing Championship football.
And a player with absolutely no value and who would never ever be able to play in the Premier League, next season.

It'll probably go in off his arse, wonder goals don't get scored by players at his level.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
True, but I have more affinity for him as an Albion player than for any of the England (or indeed any other) squad.

So do I, but I can't get my head around the idea of celebrating him scoring against England.

I often end up hating most of the England team, but...no...not yet.

I've got EURO 96 type feelings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it a last minute consolation goal?.

A last kick of the game tunderb*****d?

Or a fluke in the 32nd minute?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
English people cheering goals scored against the England team, wow.

It may be a bit hard for you to get your head around a Palarse player scoring against England, since it isn't going to happen, is it? So spare us the mock astonishment.

But back to the OP question, not the winning goal, no, certainly not. A consolation after we are 3 up would be greeted by me with polite applause and a nod of satisfaction, however.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He said the 'winner'.
Oh yeah, I still think I'd have a little cheer and be really pleased for the fella.

After all he is responsible for my season, and possibly, AMEX highlight.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It may be a bit hard for you to get your head around a Palarse player scoring against England, since it isn't going to happen, is it? So spare us the mock astonishment.

But back to the OP question, not the winning goal, no, certainly not. A consolation after we are 3 up would be greeted by me with polite applause and a nod of satisfaction, however.

I think you will find we have more players at the euros than Brighton. It's certainly not mock astonishment.
Will I be cheering them, not a chance in hell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you will find we have more players at the euros than Brighton. It's certainly not mock astonishment.
Will I be cheering them, not a chance in hell.

You and me, both, then :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'd feel pleased for the guy but I certainly wouldn't cheer. When would you cheer for an opposition's goal? :lol: (your antipathy towards England notwithstanding)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A friend of mine asked this hypothetical question on Facebook and I thought it would be interesting to see NSC's view:

I'd be pleased for Jiri, but I'd be hacked off woth England's failure, and wouldn't celebrate.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Yep that's where I'm at, I'd cheer and be pleased for him.

Although I'd be incredibly disappointed in England if they conceded a goal from a player clearly there just to make up the numbers.
Someone who can't pass, tackle, cross or shoot.
A player who shouldn't even be playing Championship football.
And a player with absolutely no value and who would never ever be able to play in the Premier League, next season.

It'll probably go in off his arse, wonder goals don't get scored by players at his level.

Do you mean our Goal Of The Season scorer?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We're English, we don't cheer anything unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here