Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardens.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I've tried searching for an answer but have ended up in dead ends so someone on here might know or point me in the right direction.

I want to restore the garden to how it was in 1990. I've got it looking fantastic but the locals who walk past tell me I should of seen it in the 90s as it was stunning, borders with amazing flowers etc but it was neglected and grass and weeds eventually ran amok and covered all areas.

I need pictures of what it looked like in the 90s so can restore the garden(s) to its original state so where can one find pictures, Surely there must airophotoic shots somewhere so I can start on restoring the garden to its glory.

I've tried Google earth but that's not helpful at all.

Any suggestions ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I hope this is helpful;

Preston_Rockery-8.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've tried searching for an answer but have ended up in dead ends so someone on here might know or point me in the right direction.

I want to restore the garden to how it was in 1990. I've got it looking fantastic but the locals who walk past tell me I should of seen it in the 90s as it was stunning, borders with amazing flowers etc but it was neglected and grass and weeds eventually ran amok and covered all areas.

I need pictures of what it looked like in the 90s so can restore the garden(s) to its original state so where can one find pictures, Surely there must airophotoic shots somewhere so I can start on restoring the garden to its glory.

I've tried Google earth but that's not helpful at all.

Any suggestions ?

I hope this is helpful;

attachment.php

Where are the gardens?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
To be honest, I've never been a fan of restoring gardens to how it used to be. Things change....plant varieties improve and trends are different. Why not plant what you want, lots of colour from the spring to the autumn.

If you want some inspiration, come and see me at the Rockery opposite Preston Park in Brighton and we can run through some suggestions and ideas.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Put a photo on of it today and I may be able to help. If that owner was a committed gardener it would be hard for you to replicate, without hours of work every day. It will probably be better to use your own artistic talent and plan the garden to be what you want.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
19923889.cms.jpg

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Agree with Jevs. You are making the garden for yourself, if other people like it so much the better but just make sure you like it. Gardens develop over time and the owners whims. Go and look at the restored Hampton Court Garden, great bit of history but bloody boring garden.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Where are the gardens?

On the road to Withdean.
Aren't you the man with the allotment thread last year? I never posted the promised photos of mine last year and this year it is the best for 6 years. I'll get the camera up there and stick the photos on here. It's a haven for bees.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On the road to Withdean.
Aren't you the man with the allotment thread last year? I never posted the promised photos of mine last year and this year it is the best for 6 years. I'll get the camera up there and stick the photos on here. It's a haven for bees.

You may be thinking of [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION]. He runs an excellent allotmenters forum, Facebook group and YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the road to Withdean.

Cheers for that, been called a few things in my time, all good mind you, but never allotment man :)
I'll start a thread in a mo, entitled allotment if you like? :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You may be thinking of [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION]. He runs an excellent allotmenters forum, Facebook group and YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the mention
I do indeed run plenty of social media networks for allotment gardeners. Including a Sunday morning online radio show. Find us on Facebook 'The Allotment Shed Chat'

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Probably not.....but why would you want to ?

To restore it to its original state. I can't figure out the boundaries where the previous borders were so looking for some gaudiance, ie, pictures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here