Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England BEAMBACK at the AMEX

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Watch every kick of England’s Euro 2016 campaign at the Amex for £10 a game.

Following the huge success of the Charlton and Middlesbrough beambacks, the club will be showing all of England’s group stage fixtures at the Amex on big screens in the Heineken Lounge.

Tickets cost £10 per person with a pie and a pint included in the price.

Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions kick off their Euro 2016 campaign this Saturday against Russia (8pm), before taking on Wales on Thursday 16th June (2pm) and completing their group games against Slovakia on Monday 20th June (8pm).

Should England progress to the knockout stages, information on those fixtures will be released in due course.

For more information or to book your ticket call 01273 878272 or e-mail events@bhafc.co.uk.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why the hell would I go to the Amex to watch England ?

Can't see the point of this. Fair play if the club somehow make some money out of it, but give me a pub over a corporate lounge (with an entrance fee) any day.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I bet SASTA trains will be extra grim on days England play as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Can't see the point of this. Fair play if the club somehow make some money out of it, but give me a pub over a corporate lounge (with an entrance fee) any day.

Reckon the club should be gently encouraged with their beambacks. Who knows, might one day (bollocksy league rules permitting) be expanded to cover all away matches. Next step after that is to roll live coverage of matches, both away and home, out on to Seagulls Player, at which point they tap into the global Seagulls fan market. Which I'm sure they'd do tomorrow if rules permitted. Probably take another decade for all that to happen as standard.

For now, priorities (apart from my home nation qualifying, that is) are: 1. Queue-free on-demand access to alcohol 2. Seat with unrestricted viewing and complete absence of drongos in the immediate vicinity. Which pretty much rules out watching games at the Amex or watching them in a pub. I guess it boils down to watching at home with or without mates.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I don't like watching football on TV in pubs or big crowds, so if no-one's gonna turn up to this, I'd be quite happy :lol:

Plus, it might be £10, but 'with a pie and a pint included in the price'? Hell yeah! :drink::drink:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My/someone else's front room. Maybe a nice pre-match barbie and a couple of ciders. That's the way it's always been. I'm not breaking from tradition now. The Amex is one of my most favourite places in the world, but only for watching my most favourite team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like watching football on TV in pubs or big crowds, so if no-one's gonna turn up to this, I'd be quite happy :lol:

Plus, it might be £10, but 'with a pie and a pint included in the price'? Hell yeah! :drink::drink:

The pies are mediocre and the beer is overpriced. I just don't see the point of going out of my way (and the Amex is pretty much out of everyones way) to watch an England game in a bar that looks like a cafeteria. And paying for the privilege. Naah, not for me.

I will mostly be in the Waterfront in Shoreham. Free entry, cheap beer, pub grub, loads of TV's. The plan is to arrive for the Wales game, so it could end up being a bit of a messy night.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
The pies are mediocre and the beer is overpriced. I just don't see the point of going out of my way (and the Amex is pretty much out of everyones way) to watch an England game in a bar that looks like a cafeteria. And paying for the privilege. Naah, not for me.

I will mostly be in the Waterfront in Shoreham. Free entry, cheap beer, pub grub, loads of TV's. The plan is to arrive for the Wales game, so it could end up being a bit of a messy night.

I did agree with you until you mentioned The Waterside.....I am assuming that is what you meant?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did agree with you until you mentioned The Waterside.....I am assuming that is what you meant?

Waterside / Waterfront. I'm not regular there, so I often get that mixed up.

Its not my usual haunt, but its central (for who I'm meeting up with), it does food, and its got loads of screens. And they won't be fannying about having jukeboxes on, so for an England game piss-up, it pretty much ticks the boxes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I honestly can't see them making ANY money out of it. Bearing in mind some matches are likely to be played on weekday afternoons, and the amount of interest in the national team generally . . .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly can't see them making ANY money out of it. Bearing in mind some matches are likely to be played on weekday afternoons, and the amount of interest in the national team generally . . .

Well I think there is still plenty of interest in the national team - Wembley usually sells out even for the gubbins opposition, and TV audiences will still be huge this summer, they always are. And (at the moment) its only the Wales game that is a 2pm jobbie, and most if not all of the knockouts will be in the 5pm / 8pm timeslots.

But I agree with you in that I think the Albion will struggle to make any money out of this, because there won't be the appetite to go to watch it in a corporate lounge at the Amex, when the game is on terrestrial TV. Its not a beamback, its everywhere !

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
£10 for a horrible pint and an overrated pie to watch a game in a venue resembling an airport lounge three train stops away from the city centre. Or a proper pub in the city where £10 can get you two pints. No contest is it

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
£10 for a horrible pint and an overrated pie to watch a game in a venue resembling an airport lounge three train stops away from the city centre. Or a proper pub in the city where £10 can get you two pints. No contest is it
In fairness, the Heineken/Amstel/Harveys in the lounges is gokd.

But you're right, no better than anything in town

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As much as anything else, announcing this so late is just a bit silly. People will already have made other plans, at least for Saturday, that they'll not be minded to change.

He thinks he is Marlon Brando.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Waterside / Waterfront. I'm not regular there, so I often get that mixed up.

Its not my usual haunt, but its central (for who I'm meeting up with), it does food, and its got loads of screens. And they won't be fannying about having jukeboxes on, so for an England game piss-up, it pretty much ticks the boxes.
Use to be my local....absolute shite.

Watched sport there many a time with karoake or some garbage blaring from the other bar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here