Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wild Life Festival this weekend - A27 traffic and workarounds

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First off, how was the traffic last year? I'm assuming horrible. Sadly I need to get from Worthing - Brighton and back that day, wondering what others do as a workaround? Seafront way will probably end up insanely busy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about going over to Steyning from Worthing and picking up with the A27 just past the flyover at Shoreham ?... not sure about the way back though !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First off, how was the traffic last year? I'm assuming horrible. Sadly I need to get from Worthing - Brighton and back that day, wondering what others do as a workaround? Seafront way will probably end up insanely busy.

A27 - A283 - A24.

T'is the tried and tested route for Falmer, avoiding all the Lyon's Farm hold ups.

If Shoreham is 'spreading out', go over the Dyke and take Clappers Lane through Fulking.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015

Not sure what time you will be going but last year did Worthing - Lewes, bit slower going over A27 Bridge about 11a.m but returning 6pm almost no traffic on flyover. Same on Sunday. Friends who live over that way had no probs till late on Sunday. Don't think its worth going cross country as time/fuel balance out with a little waiting to cross the Adur.. Good luck

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I had to dash to work late Saturday afternoon (Shoreham Beach to Lewes) last year. Bloody brilliant all the pop pickers were inside the airport, all the bumbling old fools were sat at home tutting, the traffic through Shoreha was non-existent.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Better than usual. No Boot Sale in Shoreham. A259 may hold up for 10 minutes extra for Adur Festival. Wildlife Festival did not make a jot of difference last year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Most of the people will be arriving by foot or by park & ride bus, so it shouldn't make that much difference. All the talk last year was of SBS being gridlocked, but actually it was fine – probably quieter than usual because a lot of people stayed off the roads after fearing the worst...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is all helpful, cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here