Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Wales 2PM on THURSDAY!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not posted for a while, how is everyone?

So anyway our friends at UEFA have organised our biggest group game for a workday afternoon.

A set of guidelines have been created for businesses and employees to avoid any issues https://www.onlinesupport.co.uk/england-euro-2016-fixtures-businesses/

If you're not in france, how are you getting around it?

You do realise that the DRAW is random right? And that EVERY country has at least 1 weekday, 2pm kick off. This is not an England thing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took the day off to watch the game then go to Lords for the T20 Middx v Sussex... perfect day, just need the sun to shine.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think beer consumption was a factor with this one

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not posted for a while, how is everyone?

So anyway our friends at UEFA have organised our biggest group game for a workday afternoon.

A set of guidelines have been created for businesses and employees to avoid any issues https://www.onlinesupport.co.uk/england-euro-2016-fixtures-businesses/

If you're not in france, how are you getting around it?

Not just that but the capacity of the stadium is only 35,000 and the fan zone in Lens has a capacity of 10,000. I'll be interested to see how many fans there are at the 60,000 capacity Parc Lyonnais for the huge Ukraine vs Northern Ireland encounter three hours later.

The Guardian is reporting between 350,000 and 500,000 fans are expected to travel to support the home nations. It's a shambles.

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
You do realise that the DRAW is random right? And that EVERY country has at least 1 weekday, 2pm kick off. This is not an England thing.

I am aware. Just wondering how everyone's getting around it, as I'm not sure what to do myself. I also found it amusing that businesses have been told to monitor employee sickness and drinking (as per the link).

I'd have taken half a day myself, but then I might not be able to do all the mid-week Brentford aways next season :(

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am aware. Just wondering how everyone's getting around it, as I'm not sure what to do myself. I also found it amusing that businesses have been told to monitor employee sickness and drinking (as per the link).

I'd have taken half a day myself, but then I might not be able to do all the mid-week Brentford aways next season :(

I'm going so no problem there and I would assume anyone that interested would take half a day off.

Some workplaces have put communal TVs up and making staff use lunch + overtime to cover it

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One of the times I praise being self-employed and working from home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hope you're not trusting Southern trains to play any part of your half-day. If they can f*ck your day up, they will.

Nope. If I couldn't have worked from home I would have had the whole thing off. The wife is off to Ascot on a choo choo though, bless her. Luckily our kids are at a friends as I'm expecting her home at about 2am, having left the races at 5.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nope. If I couldn't have worked from home I would have had the whole thing off. the wife is off to Ascot on a choo choo though, bless her. Luckily are kids are at a friends as I'm expecting her home at about 2am, having left the races at 5.

Good man! Handy train hint for your missus if going via London/Clapham Junction to Ascot. On the way back after racing, instead of joining the half mile queue of punters going back into London, join the hugely shorter queue on the opposite platform going away from London, get off at the first duck halt it, er, halts at, then double back to Ascot. Saves HOURS.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good man! Handy train hint for your missus if going via London/Clapham Junction to Ascot. On the way back after racing, instead of joining the half mile queue of punters going back into London, join the hugely shorter queue on the opposite platform going away from London, get off at the first duck halt it, er, halts at, then double back to Ascot. Saves HOURS.

:thumbsup:

I've used a similar tactic for the tube at Victoria. If northbound is completely rammed I go southbound 1 stop to Pimlico and get on a northbound tube there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here