Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Nevin - New First Team Coach

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Paul Nevin has joined Albion's coaching team.

Alongside Colin, Ben and myself he will bring a fresh perspective and different voice to the coaching mix"
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion have appointed former Premier League head of coaching Paul Nevin as the club's new first-team coach.

Nevin, who worked alongside Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood during their time at Norwich City, and spent eight years as a coach at Fulham, replaces Nathan Jones, who left to become Luton Town manager in January.

Albion manager Hughton commented, "Paul is an excellent coach and a good appointment for the club. I'm delighted he is on board and looking forward to working with him again.

"He has top-level experience from eight years with Fulham, his time in New Zealand and with Norwich; he has also worked for the Football Association and Premier League.

"Alongside Colin, Ben and myself he will bring a fresh perspective and different voice to the coaching mix."

Londoner Nevin, 46, played for Shrewsbury Town, Carlisle United and Yeovil Town, and also had a four-year spell playing in America.

He began his coaching career with Fulham, where he worked as an academy coach and reserve-team manager; he has managed New Zealand Knights, before returning to the UK with Norwich in 2013.

He has also worked for the Football Association as a youth coach with England's national teams, and most recently has been head of academy coaching at the Premier League, a role he began in 2014.

Simon Rusk, who covered as first-team coach during the season run-in, reverts to the position of under-21 coach, a role he combined with first-team duties during the second half of the season.

Hughton added, "Simon stepped up and did an excellent job. He is an exceptional young coach with a very bright future ahead, and I'm delighted we have him in charge of our under-21 group.

"The importance of the under-21 group increases this season, with no option of emergency loans, and therefore it will be of huge benefit to have such a strong lead coach, but also one who's had that time with the first-team group."

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...t-team-coach-3139047.aspx#CerkkSrU5POEPGWQ.99

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yay. I have always liked him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know anything about him, but I guess if Hughton has worked with him, and the FA rate him, he has credentials. Welcome to the club.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sounds like a decent appointment with good connections.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paul, or PAT - the coolest footballer of his generation?

Oh ****. Thought it was Pat. Does Paul also have a few qualifications an read The Guardian? If so I could warm to him as well.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
His CV looks great and he has worked with the Premiership on all their Category one development programmes. Houghton has brought a lot of quality into the club, lets hope he is the next one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I read the title so quickly I thought it was Pat.

Is Pat short for Paul?

Clutching here .....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
New perspective.

I think I would have preferred an attacker, but what the hell, I think certain Albion players like Lualua need a good coach to make best use of their talents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here