Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Mayor breaks his promise already

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
34 days in after suggesting he will not increase fares he has confirmed his fare freeze will not cover travel cards and Oyster cards, I'm assuming this can't be true?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
As a Blairite, he lies just like the Tories.

When Chilcott gets published, Bliar and his cronies will be telling a whole load more lies and bollox....

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As a Blairite, he lies just like the Tories.

When Chilcott gets published, Bliar and his cronies will be telling a whole load more lies and bollox....

I like the lies and bollocks bit. NSC new banner. 'Were Loose because it's all Truth, Lies & Bollocks in equal measure'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There are many vocal Labour supporters on NSC I look forward to reading their defense of this broken promise within a month of being elected.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agree with you.

Best guess, Theresa May will be the next leader.

When I think of him I just see this

boris-johnson-zip-line.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Least of our worries. If I've got this right he called moderate Muslims Uncle Tom's. I remember seeing it on HIGNFY when Hislop said let's remember there are other sides to the new mayor. A Mayor not to be trusted. A Muslim mayor of London indeed, ridiculous.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...fresh-race-row-as-london-mayoral-candidate-s/

I don't see it as racist , that's not the issue here. It's that he thinks if you're not an extremist Muslim you are somehow cowed by the west. Very , very worrying.

D

Deleted member 22389

You get what you voted for, tough. Deliver on housing next, I say absolutely no chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

Judging by his performance as a Brexireer, why bring back THAT lying aresh*le?

Much to the annoyance of Drivers as I listen to LBC on a regular basis, he did do loads and I mean loads for promoting cycling in London, that should be music to the ears of the environmentalists.

One thing he couldn't do is build enough affordable housing, and it will be the same with Khan, unless we have a housing crash. Affordable housing is a pipe dream.

synavm

May 2, 2013
Travel Cards will fall under the remit of central Government due to the involvement of the rail operators. I'd imagine the Oyster card situation is fairly similar, though, it's pretty much impossible to justify if fares on Oyster Cards are going up for TFL services (as the Oyster card extends to rail services as far out as mid-Surrey I believe) . Khan's remit on transport is ultimately limited to TFL, so I think it'd be a little unfair to berate him over rises outside of his remit- the Oyster part is where I'd potentially slate him because parts of that would fall directly under his control.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Headbutting random German footballers in the balls = gets my vote

I am always amazed that anyone can find this funny. It just strikes me as the act of a boorish, public school boy dildo who thinks he's a "character". Basically a posh floppy haired "Colin Hunt, Office Joker" with no sporting ability. I cringed at the time it happened and it's even less funny now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here