Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bangor City new owners.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Bangor tend to get a "new saviour" every ten years or so who promises to pump money into the club then loses interest after a matter of months. They still think they're a huge club (in Welsh terms) and are still trying to tap into the huge 'potential' they have.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My (somewhat dated) knowledge on this topic is that a) It doesn't take a huge amount of money to mount a title/European push in that league, and b) Involvement in a club at that level makes people feel like billy big-bollocks. So there are quite a few of those types dotted around Welsh football.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bangor tend to get a "new saviour" every ten years or so who promises to pump money into the club then loses interest after a matter of months. They still think they're a huge club (in Welsh terms) and are still trying to tap into the huge 'potential' they have.

Not just Bangor City either. This sort of thing seems to'befall' many non-league clubs from time to time.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
My (somewhat dated) knowledge on this topic is that a) It doesn't take a huge amount of money to mount a title/European push in that league, and b) Involvement in a club at that level makes people feel like billy big-bollocks. So there are quite a few of those types dotted around Welsh football.

Point is it is the owners. Want them at a club near you ?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Point is it is the owners. Want them at a club near you ?

Of course not. I'd not want anyone who has led a club into administration only to sign a player for £100k + the very day that it (said club) came out of control of the administrators. He's bad news IMHO and I'm glad he's far away enough for this not to be an issue.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Aber,you have not. However what S/V is probably no differwent but a far bigger scale than The Arabs,

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills