Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning : 6 months in prison if you publish a Brexit Exit poll

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As with General Elections, publishing a Brexit Exit poll with get you time in prison.

NSC is obsessed with polls for this referendem.

Many have voted already.

It is against the law to poll who has already voted which way before the polls close.

Last edited:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
How about a poll if you like pets draped with a union flag or an EU flag? You can't get imprisoned for that on the 23rd, no?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How about a poll if you like pets draped with a union flag or an EU flag? You can't get imprisoned for that on the 23rd, no?
I bet the law sees through that, best not risk the site owner getting locked up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As with General Elections, publishing a Brexit Exit poll with get you time in prison.

NSC is obsessed with polls for this referendem.

Many have voted already.

It is against the law to poll who has already voted which way before the polls close.

I think that may only apply once the polls open.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really hope people voting don't think you can be a happy, patriotic Brit and still want to be in the EU.

I'll be voting.
I'm reasonably happy with my lot.
I'm quite 'patriotic'.
I still want us to be in the EU.

Am I doing it wrong?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you get an answer, let me know as this is where I am too.

Unfortunately you're not happy or patriotic if you want to remain in the EU. NSC Team Brexit has spoken. You'll just have to choose between being a traitor, a wimp, a muttonhead, a hermaphrodite, a Tory Boy or a ******* ****. (It's not much of a choice; I'm still trying to make my mind up.)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why is it only Brexit polls, I thought any poll was banned once the polls opened in most elections not just here but around the world.

The postal votes are also pre paid envelopes.

Voted to stay In I also feel very British and very European.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Whats the deal with the exit polls that the BBC etc. do? Do they only start to publish them once the polls have closed and the votes are being counted?

I genuinely can't remember how it all works on the day, I think because I will usually ignore it and then tune in around 4/5 the next morning when a fair chunk of the results have come in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is it only Brexit polls, I thought any poll was banned once the polls opened in most elections not just here but around the world.

The postal votes are also pre paid envelopes.

Voted to stay In I also feel very British and very European.

It is not only brexit polls - it is the same rules as for General Elections - no polling data for postal votes sent or votes cast in person can be published in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here