Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight I TV 9pm live - Cameron Vs Farage.

Who will win the debate tonight?

• Dodgy Dave.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Beer swigging Nige.

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I doubt it will make much difference. Would rather see a Boris v Cameron debate.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Questions from a studio audience so no point tuning in. If only Robin Day and Brian Walden were still around.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Questions from a studio audience so no point tuning in. If only Robin Day and Brian Walden were still around.

I thought the presenter asks them questions then the audience grill them like other debates as that's the usual format.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised anyone thinks Farage will come off best here. Whatever you think of CMD, he handles PMQ every week and has done so for six years: he's used to the bearpit of the Commons and is a pretty accomplished TV performer, he's also pretty used to meeting members of the public.

Farage, despite several attempts, has never been elected as an MP. At the last election, UKIP meetings were restricted to supporters so he doesn't have the experience of hostile audiences that Cameron does - something frequently seen on Question Time where he looks distinctly ill at ease. He also makes the whole EU debate about immigration (although, to be fair, Cameron does the same, making it all about the economy), which makes him look one-dimensional.

I'm no Cameron fan but there's only going to be one winner here

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Hope Nige doesn't keep saying 'Oh deary me' like he did with Nick Clegg as it makes me cringe.

Two individuals who have proved themselves incapable of putting any sort of coherent case for the side of the argument that they have chosen to support.
This. Daniel Hannan and Caroline Lucas would at least have something interesting to say that does not involve WW3 or immigrants raping people. The debate goes nowhere with these clowns.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm not fan of either but I expect Cameron to fare better than a lot of people predict. Only because Farage is a one trick pony and will spout all the same rubbish he has been since the start. So I expect Cameron will have done his homework and should be able to put Farage in a few awkward positions because his arguments are contradictory and trump like in his sweeping false statements.
However, I don't think Cameron can persuade any leavers to change their minds so it's a pretty pointless exercise. Most are now fully aware of the economic risks, those that want to leave either don't care or are willing to take the hit of recession in exchange for leaving. Calling them 'foolish' will not turn them around no matter how foolish their decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here