Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st game of the season, will it have to be away because of Pride weekend? anyone know

TheOldGirl

Jul 24, 2013
Saltdean
I saw someone in the fixtures thread mention this, I am waiting to book tickets for an event until they announce fixtures so wondering if anyone knows for sure

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yeah we ALWAYS seem to start the season away from home, thanks to pride. Perhaps they could alternate so that it was fairer??

Edit: I'm being a **** - didn't we start at home last season against Forest?!?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah we ALWAYS seem to start the season away from home, thanks to pride. Perhaps they could alternate so that it was fairer??

Edit: I'm being a **** - didn't we start at home last season against Forest?!?

Yes. And the season before against Wednesday

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in the past this was the case, when we moved to Falmer we asked the organisers if they could move to allow a first home game and they obliged. i believe they stayed on new date a week earlier ever since.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pride has affected us little in recent years.

Albion were at home in 2011, 2014 an 2015 on the first day. They could have had 2012 (Pride was moved to September) but were away at Hull City.

Only 2013 wasn't possible and the match was at Leeds.

This year clashes with Pride, as does next.

Unless there is reason to move it, Pride is always the first Saturday in August. As a once yearly event it should take precedent especially as it attracts five times more people than our home matches and there aren't 22 more scheduled before May.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
How about finishing at home? Off the top of my head it's been boro away, boro away, forest away (?) which leaves Wolves (?) in 2013?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about finishing at home? Off the top of my head it's been boro away, boro away, forest away (?) which leaves Wolves (?) in 2013?

Yes, hopefully that will change this time.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Home, Away....Saturday 3pm it will not be.
We must be stonewall to be the opening live game again (Friday night) after the Sky tv audience figures for our games this season.
They will save Newcastle, Villa or Leeds for the live games on Sat/Sun.

Always looked forward to a big opening game but after all the live games last season I am hoping for a very low key game either home or away in the hope Sky go elsewhere and we start on a Sat at 3pm....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I doubt it will be at home. The police will play a part and may request it either be an away fixture or moved to Monday night to avoid a clash

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Pride has affected us little in recent years.

Albion were at home in 2011, 2014 an 2015 on the first day. They could have had 2012 (Pride was moved to September) but were away at Hull City.

Only 2013 wasn't possible and the match was at Leeds.

This year clashes with Pride, as does next.

Unless there is reason to move it, Pride is always the first Saturday in August. As a once yearly event it should take precedent especially as it attracts five times more people than our home matches and there aren't 22 more scheduled before May.

Pride was moved to allow for the first match at the Amex.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pride was moved to allow for the first match at the Amex.

Yes. Underlines the point really. And if folk want to escape the crowds they can always go to the first away match. Result.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not wishing to offend the Gay Fraternity but I don't think the computer which draws the fixtures has anything built In to allow for Gay Pride Brighton. If they did I think other clubs could conceivably point to local events in their own area to try and engineer a home or away draw to commence their campaign.

I am sure Gay Pride is a wonderful event - but I don't think that it makes a difference.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not wishing to offend the Gay Fraternity but I don't think the computer which draws the fixtures has anything built In to allow for Gay Pride Brighton. If they did I think other clubs could conceivably point to local events in their own area to try and engineer a home or away draw to commence their campaign.

I am sure Gay Pride is a wonderful event - but I don't think that it makes a difference.
Clubs can make a request not to play home fixtures on certain dates. We did this for Pride and Boxing day

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You won't find a single incident of Albion being at home during Pride in the last twenty years. The Police would not allow it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here