Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro's travel plans

Anyone going this weekend?, took a week off for the Stone Roses gig primarily but will probably go over on Sunday from Newhaven to catch at least one of the two Paris matches. Probably just sit around Rouen as its on the way, if you see a pissed up Peacehaven fan (I'll have the cap on if I don't lose it) say hello, I'll be on my Jack Jones (through choice)

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Friend has just got 10 Cat 1 tickets for the Russia game Sat and now looking to go. May get the ferry Friday and drive all night to Marseille for sat morning. Apartments outside of Marseille seem cheap at £60 per room for the night to refresh Saturday day and get a few hours after the game before driving back Sunday.

Flights and train are ridiculous prices for the weekend.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We're heading out to Geneva on Friday, train down to Marseille Saturday morning and staying down on the south of France until Wednesday when we fly up to Lille.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Heading over from Newhaven on Friday morning. Again just on holiday rather than going to any matches but will be interesting to see if there's much enthusiasm from the locals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was it quite cheap to do it this way?

Geneva flights £90 return
Train to Marseille £40
Marseille to Lille flight £50

All booked within last 2 months. Accommodation has been challenging though

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not going until the Wales game, and that's a day trip, then back out for Slovakia, flying and staying over for one night.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Heading over from Newhaven on Friday morning. Again just on holiday rather than going to any matches but will be interesting to see if there's much enthusiasm from the locals.

no,there won't be,the french don't tend to gather in bars and watch the footie on large screens,plus they don't drink beer either,not on the scale we do

they're actually quite like us,very negative about France's chances all the time,god knows why,it's not as if they haven't won anything for 50 years!

when France aren't playing they not at all interested,unlike us,who tend to follow the whole tournament

only today I had to tell a bloke at work that France were actually playing Romania not Turkey (not even in there group)

and the game is Friday,not Saturday,you get the picture

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
no,there won't be,the french don't tend to gather in bars and watch the footie on large screens,plus they don't drink beer either,not on the scale we do

they're actually quite like us,very negative about France's chances all the time,god knows why,it's not as if they haven't won anything for 50 years!

when France aren't playing they not at all interested,unlike us,who tend to follow the whole tournament

only today I had to tell a bloke at work that France were actually playing Romania not Turkey (not even in there group)

I seem to recall this from 1998 to be fair.

Weather forecast is looking pretty shite too :-/

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Similar experience to the locals in the Haute Savoie. They're just a bit 'meh' about it. Thought it was just around here as we don't have a decent local team. 2014 world cup was buzzin' in town, probably the Algerian's (there a lot here) Seem to remember a lot of driving around town beeping horns and singing in the streets.

I'll be at the 24h du Mans 16-20 and they'll have a few big screens up showing all the games, should be a good atmosphere. A lot of English will be over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They do on the campsite where we're going, but then that's part of the holiday. The owner likes his football.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Similar experience to the locals in the Haute Savoie. They're just a bit 'meh' about it. Thought it was just around here as we don't have a decent local team. 2014 world cup was buzzin' in town, probably the Algerian's (there a lot here) Seem to remember a lot of driving around town beeping horns and singing in the streets.

I'll be at the 24h du Mans 16-20 and they'll have a few big screens up showing all the games, should be a good atmosphere. A lot of English will be over.

yeah the Algerians are alot more boisterous than the French,it was the same here during the last World Cup

haven't been to Le Mans for over 20 years now,back then there was thousands of English over

that will be a great weekend with the footie on too :thumbsup:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Im taking Le Shuttle and car to the Albania v Switzerland for starters. No ferry for me even though i live in Newhaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I am flying to Bodrum Turkey for an A/I holiday on the beach watching all the games.Beer burnt and footy.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Got a camper van with four friends, cost for 12 days was £600 so at £150 for that amount of time we've got a bargain - obviously we still have to pay for camp sites (Ferry cost £35 return)

Dover to Calais and then staying in Troyes before heading down to Marseille for the game before driving back up the country via stops in Dijon and Paris for the game in Lens (but we are staying in Lille)

Anyone sees a red camper van with an Brighton / England flag - then that is me.

We've got two Brighton, 1 Fulham, 1 Charlton and 1 Leicester STH - so a really good mix.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Got tickets for all the England group (and potential knock out) games. Travel booked months ago, so relatively cheap (e.g. Marseille and back for around £120). Going with one other Albion fan, an Ipswich mate and my Spurs supporting brother-in-law.

Early start Saturday morning, train all the way to Marseille. Got about 4hours in town before kick off, wanted to minimise time in Marseille after nearly getting killed there in 1998. Straight back on the overnight train to Paris.

Friend is driving to Lens and back, via Eurotunnel. Daytrip, with plans to spend a few hours before &/or after the match in Lens or Lille.

Another early start for the game in St Etienne, going by train again. Stopping the night after the Slovakia match then a slow journey pack via Paris.

Hopeful of spending a few days in France around the knock out stages, should we qualify, but this will depend on where we finish in the group. If we finish top then it's Paris so probably another day trip. If we come second then it's Nice, which gives me an excuse for a longer stay. Started to look at where we might play should we come third, but too many variables by that stage!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm off to France next Saturday for two weeks on my motorhome. I didn't actually realise the Euros were a) in France and b) on when we are there until about a month ago!

I now see from a post above that we will be driving through Le Mans whilst the 24 hr race is on.

No wonder the Portsmouth to Caen ferry was so expensive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here