Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship odds.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Aston Villa odds will be based on the fact that Di Matteo is a good manager, has got a team promoted before and with the money (60m?) promised by the chairman to rebuild the squad any half decent manager should be able to get them promoted.

Aston Villa odds will be based on the fact that Di Matteo is a good manager, has got a team promoted before and with the money (60m?) promised by the chairman to rebuild the squad any half decent manager should be able to get them promoted.

If only it was that easy

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't get why Derby are better odds when they finished 11 points behind us!

Have to agree. Hughes is talismanic for them and it wouldn't surprise me if a premier league club finally came in for him as he was I think the best and most influential non Albion player I saw last year. Lose him and then Derby will have another indifferent season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Except history shows that teams that are relegated from the PL, in complete disarray, used to losing every week, as Villa are, take time to regroup. The Championship is tough, mentally and physically and the new dream team of Di Matteo, Clark and Bond will be under massive pressure.
I do not expect Di Matteo to last the season and fully expect Clark to be in charge post Christmas.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have to agree. Hughes is talismanic for them and it wouldn't surprise me if a premier league club finally came in for him as he was I think the best and most influential non Albion player I saw last year. Lose him and then Derby will have another indifferent season.

His possession stats at the Amex must have made good reading, especially as it was such an important game and we were pressing the midfield. However I would maybe suggest Charlie Austin at QPR, who dragged them back into the game for a draw, must be contender for most influential. The QPR team we played later in the season without him was totally lame by comparison. Another what if moment.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ipswich Town at around 20/25 under The Irishman how knows what it takes at this level like Bruce at Hull City. Dangerous side.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Surprised nobody mentioned the potential of FFP-induced embargoes if Villa piss money on players who turn out to be average for the Championship and fail to gain promotion

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here