Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End: Premier League ready?!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't see anything particularly wrong with that :shrug: Think it's a brilliant idea. Great way of encouraging sales if you ask me.

If you read the full text....

Supporters who purchase a season ticket for next season before the close of business on 2nd July 2016 will become ‘Premier Members’ and if the Club are promoted to the Premier League at any time in the next five years, they will get their first Premier League season ticket completely free of charge!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Nothing wrong with that. So if they buy a season ticket for next season only and then PNE win promotion in 4 years time, will they still get the following years ST in the Premier league to free?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That seems like quite a good deal to me, especially if you're likely to get one anyway.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
taking into account the 2nd half of last season,PNE showed play off form

no reason why not,look at B'mouth & Watford

don't under estimate anyone

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
interesting reflection on PL finances... absolutely no problem to give away STs

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Seems like a good idea. I imagine clubs have to get creative in the football saturated NW. On another note: aren't every club in the Championship aiming - to some degree - to get to the Premier League? They need to at least make a pretense of it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
interesting reflection on PL finances... absolutely no problem to give away STs

Exactly.

With the new TV deal, gate receipts in the Premier League are a drop in the ocean for PL clubs finances, especially clubs the size of ourselves and PNE. Well worth swelling your numbers in the Championship and writing off maybe 5-8 million quid TOPS if you actually make it there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How's that going to "bite them in the ass" then?

If they get promoted, the revenue generated will probably cover the losses made as a result of this promise. I doubt PNE have a massive number of ST holders anyway, so it strikes me as quite a positive marketing wheeze that might just generate a bit of interest.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's almost a shame that we have so many ST holders. There's no need to make an offer like that here.

But the principle is excellent - wouldn't it be great if more clubs recognised how negligible the income from season tickets is in the Premier League so that fans who have supported the club below that level could be rewarded?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Superb idea and the very best of luck to them, would be nice to see Preston back in the big time.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Well, this thread went well.
Great deal by PNE. Win Win surely.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And Middlesbrough increased the price of their ST's for getting in the Prem. Go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here