Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion add Oxford pre-season friendly on Tue. 26th July (plus one coming for the Amex)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ALBION ADD OXFORD DATE

Brighton & Hove Albion have added an additional fixture to the pre-season programme, with a trip to Oxford United scheduled in for Tuesday 26th July.

Albion will travel to the Kassam Stadium on the Tuesday following a double header against Luton Town and Stevenage, the previous Saturday.

It is likely to be the penultimate match of pre-season for Chris Hughton's men, as the club expects to arrange a final warm-up game on the weekend of the 29th-31st July, at the Amex.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Oh great. That means that dreamingspires idiot will be showing his face again. :rolleyes:

Although he will have a valid reason for the first time EVER!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Damn it..... ok Barca it is ;-)

Barca are in Ireland on 30th playing Celtic with Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Leicester, Real Madrid, Ac Milan, Inter Milan,Chelsea and PSG playing at various venues around the world in the International Champions Cup at the same sort of time so none of them

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Barca are in Ireland on 30th playing Celtic with Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Leicester, Real Madrid, Ac Milan, Inter Milan,Chelsea and PSG playing at various venues around the world in the International Champions Cup at the same sort of time so none of them

Is is Sh*t on Marshy's idea's day today ;-)

About time we got some premier league opposition in then....

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Is is Sh*t on Marshy's idea's day today ;-)

About time we got some premier league opposition in then....

Well as most of the top 10 are playing in that tournament, I missed spurs off the list, then it leaves Southampton, West ham, Everton or Palace. I could see it being Sevilla again myself (feel free to take a dump on my suggestion too :) )

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wonder f the powers that be know about dreaming spires, and his quite infathomable hatred of all things Albion?
I hope they will be increasing security for the players etc, as he may be as barking mad as he appears on here sometimes

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well as most of the top 10 are playing in that tournament, I missed spurs off the list, then it leaves Southampton, West ham, Everton or Palace. I could see it being Sevilla again myself (feel free to take a dump on my suggestion too :) )

I like the foreign opposition thing...but they havent exactly been well attended the last couple of years depite quality opposition and being cheap tickets...

So maybe quality Prem opposition is worth a go...

I guess the Euro's will also have an effect on opposition...certainly the top players may well still be resting and not playing in friendlies at that time..

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oxford is a nightmare to get to if you go by train. There's some lovely pubs in the city centre but from then on it's all downhill. The ground is four miles out in a dodgy housing estate. If you get a bus allow an hour because Oxford's traffic congestion really is bad. Bear in mind there's no toilets on the buses so you'll need a strong bladder after all that lager/ale. Taxi's are expensive but cut the journey time to the best part of half an hour.

The stadium has been three-sided since it was built 15 years ago and you lose a lot of the atmosphere as a result although it's a decent view from the away end. An ok day out but one that you feel involves a lot of hassle and if you're in the same division as them for a few seasons it's all a bit meh and not the first fixture you look for in June.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spanish opposition, Mostly Sevilla reserves set us off to good start last season.

Sevilla looked well out of match practice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There in a tournament already so I have been told...

Celtic or Rangers upto much ?.... would certainly guarantee a large away support ?
The last thing we need is those hordes down in Brighton on a summer weekend.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Awesome as this will be my nearest club shortly and only about 7 miles away....will defo go there as haven't been to the newish ground although did the manor ground a few times.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here