Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 Note Fund.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Obviously in an Albion context of its time, and certainly had an impact, I remember when it started but when did it all wind down?

D

Deleted User X18H

Is this the start of a where did the money go expose?

Could liven up an otherwise dull Monday.

Wonder if there will be any grizzerling?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
oh yeah, and what happened to those Gus T Shirts, I'm sure there were at least a dozen that didn't get handed out, where are they?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt there was ever enough money in the fund to fully buy a player. Maybe the money just went towards someone's wages that we couldn't have otherwise afforded.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
Possibly but who was it? I dont remember reading about any players coming to us through the fund or helping to pay wages?

The Forty Notes Fund was set up by the fans in 2003 to assist Brighton in the costs of acquiring loan and permanent signings. Since its inception, Dave Beasant, Tony Rougier, Chris Iwelumo and Ben Roberts have all been brought in with the assistance over £30,000 dontated by the Fund.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?96735-Forty-Notes-Fund-Joe-O-Caeruill

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Forty Notes Fund was set up by the fans in 2003 to assist Brighton in the costs of acquiring loan and permanent signings. Since its inception, Dave Beasant, Tony Rougier, Chris Iwelumo and Ben Roberts have all been brought in with the assistance over £30,000 dontated by the Fund.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?96735-Forty-Notes-Fund-Joe-O-Caeruill

Thank you I must have missed that. Obviously others werent sure as Easy thought it brought in Rod Thomas but I would have thought it wasnt started until after he had left.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Obviously in an Albion context of its time, and certainly had an impact, I remember when it started but when did it all wind down?

Couldn't give the exact timing, but what few scheckels were left over in the bank account went to Albion In The Community.

Dean Wilkins wasn't so fussed on the acquisition of players - he asked for the money to be used on testing equipment and heart monitors and such like. The fund also chipped in towards flowers for Prescott. It wasn't set up for that, of course, but at a 40 Notes Quiz Night immediately before the game at Wycombe Wanderers (yes, that one), it was put to those who were there if they approved the donation, and a pretty unanimous set of hands showed they did. I think that was about £250.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Couldn't give the exact timing, but what few scheckels were left over in the bank account went to Albion In The Community.

Dean Wilkins wasn't so fussed on the acquisition of players - he asked for the money to be used on testing equipment and heart monitors and such like. The fund also chipped in towards flowers for Prescott. It wasn't set up for that, of course, but at a 40 Notes Quiz Night immediately before the game at Wycombe Wanderers (yes, that one), it was put to those who were there if they approved the donation, and a pretty unanimous set of hands showed they did. I think that was about £250.

That explains the Colin Hawkins signing .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seeing the players it went on, I demand my money back

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

I'd have been surprised if Ben Roberts would have been Brighton's goalkeeping coach if he hadn't played here before. And people I speak to at the club are saying Stockdale's improvement this season is largely down Roberts (and himself of course).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'd have been surprised if Ben Roberts would have been Brighton's goalkeeping coach if he hadn't played here before. And people I speak to at the club are saying Stockdale's improvement this season is largely down Roberts (and himself of course).

That is a tad tenuous....we could have employed Anyone as goal keeping coach. I would have though he had to improve as we had a Finnish international goalkeeper banging on the door to play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here