Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Copa America 2016

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The 100[SUP]th[/SUP] Copa America is being hosted by the USA and kicked off on Friday. I’m watching the Jamaica v Venezuela game at the minute. Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Brazil and Uruguay will be worth watching but overall it’s not in the same league as the Euros, but will fill the gap until they start.

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
The 100[SUP]th[/SUP] Copa America is being hosted by the USA and kicked off on Friday. I’m watching the Jamaica v Venezuela game at the minute. Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Brazil and Uruguay will be worth watching but overall it’s not in the same league as the Euros, but will fill the gap until they start.

Did you see the sending off? Got the ball first, studs sort of showing ala Dale Stephens. Player was sent off.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Did you see the sending off? Got the ball first, studs sort of showing ala Dale Stephens. Player was sent off.

Yea - Jamaica seem to be playing better with 10. The German guy who is the Jamaican coach looks a bit like a mad scientist.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mexico v Uruguay – great match. Score 3-1 with a fantastic goal by 37 year old Rafa Marquez. Love the passion and emotion in these Latin American games. Both teams down to 10 players and even though Suarez was injured he was still shouting directions from the sideline. Classic cock up when they played the Chilean National anthem as the Uruguayan team came on – Ooops.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Clint Dempsey is 13/2 for first goal with William Hill in the USA v Ecuador opening quarter-final tonight. He's got two in his last two games, takes penalties and is America's main man. Huge price for a player in form.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Clint Dempsey is 13/2 for first goal with William Hill in the USA v Ecuador opening quarter-final tonight. He's got two in his last two games, takes penalties and is America's main man. Huge price for a player in form.

Hope you had some money on it!

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I am amazed how well England are playing against Colombia considering they played Wales earlier today. Oh, it is just the USA in the same Nike template kit as England.
We really have no hope in a decent shirt from Nike if they can't even make individual kits for England and the USA!

USA kit has a lovelier shade of blue...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It was - and nearly a second by Ecuador. Squeaky bottom time for the USA

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bit of a nail biter at the end - better to watch than the England Wales game. I had it pegged as 2-0 to the US, but Ecuador nearly got it back to a draw. Guessing they'll be playing Argentina in the Semi Final

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hope you had some money on it!

Had an Ayrton Senna on him. Wonderful to wake up to good news! Wish I'd put more on him - he was such a good price. Hope the hosts USA go on and win it now.

Would Clint Dempsey be tempted back to England as a possible signing? He's always been very underrated IMO.

The Copa America has been a much more exciting tournament from a betting point of view than the Euro's.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Great shout.. i bet Dempsey score first and 2-0 :facepalm: bet so much today (with mainly winners) but still didn't want to bet too much again so did the scorecast to increase the odd.. doh

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Had an Ayrton Senna on him. Wonderful to wake up to good news! Wish I'd put more on him - he was such a good price. Hope the hosts USA go on and win it now.

Would Clint Dempsey be tempted back to England as a possible signing? He's always been very underrated IMO.

The Copa America has been a much more exciting tournament from a betting point of view than the Euro's.

We all wished we had more on the winners, don't we? Las Vegas is built on losers, which is more frequently the case...

I think Dempsey will finish his career in the USA, would happily see him in blue and white stripes though...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Argentina 4 Venezuela 1 - predictable result I guess but a good game nonetheless with Venezuela putting up a good fight, with a missed penalty in the first half. Argentina play USA on Tuesday in the semi finals, if USA win that really would be an upset. Chile v Mexico coming up

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here