Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Aid

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone tuning in for this?

All for a great cause of course, and a chance to see some legends play - the RotW team has a front two of Ronaldinho and Shayne Ward off X-Factor, for example.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Remember Sergio from Kasabian scoring a blinder a few years ago, always worth a watch, that's if I can drag myself from glorious weather in the garden

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tumblr_m4p53wvWgp1qa3nkxo1_500.gif

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
At least those One Direction band players who came on got booed when all the girls were screaming. Don't even know why I'm watching this

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry - I know this is for charity - but are ITV really serious?
This. Listening to Tyldesley commentate is cringeworthy anyway but when he commentated a charity event like it matters - Christ on a bike. ITV is a desperate channel.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This. Listening to Tyldesley commentate is cringeworthy anyway but when he commentated a charity event like it matters - Christ on a bike. ITV is a desperate channel.

Could never bring myself to watch stuff like this, even if I had been home. For the reasons you've already stated, and also because I can pretty much guarantee the crowd will make that high pitched squeaky noise you'd get at a One Direction concert.

Can I just ask: was Jonathan Wilkes in it? Wondered, as we don't seem to have had the annual "Who the **** is Jonathan Wilkes?" thread which tends to pop up annually in relation to this.

Was he in it? And has he done anything worthy of his fame yet, or is he still Williams' Mate?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Sorry - I know this is for charity - but are ITV really serious?

I, personally, don't tend to go for all the giving to charities nonsense. But certain events are worthy of support...this is one of 'em.
Adults around the world are ********s, what with all the wars and stuff. Children suffer so it's a good thing that ITV take the time to showcase these events rather than airing another talent/reality/cookery show.
Do you moan about the REMF match as well, or is it just that it interferes with your Sunday tv viewing?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can I just ask: was Jonathan Wilkes in it? Wondered, as we don't seem to have had the annual "Who the **** is Jonathan Wilkes?" thread which tends to pop up annually in relation to this.
Was he in it? And has he done anything worthy of his fame yet, or is he still Williams' Mate?

They did mention what he is currently doing, I guess to try and justify his appearance, but it was instantly forgettable as I can't remember what it was.

To be fair though at least he was the sort of player who should have been on the pitch, what devalued the whole match was at the same time the commentator was pleading with us "please donated a fiver, that's the same you pay for a cup of coffee nowadays" England bought on Defoe, how the hell did he qualify to play in a match like that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They did mention what he is currently doing, I guess to try and justify his appearance, but it was instantly forgettable as I can't remember what it was.

I believe they said that he runs a performing arts school in Swindon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here