Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC warning to English fans dressing as crusaders - offensive to Muslims.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Deary me, when will this politically correct nonsense stop ???

GettyImages-123367885-e1464971365515-640x479.jpg

http://whoradio.iheart.com/onair/simon-conway-42296/bbc-warns-english-soccer-fans-dressing-14781182/

el punal

I thought the ensemble was to represent Saint George. So really, it doesn't matter what fancy dress outfit a fan wears, it's going to offend someone, somewhere. I suppose the most suitable response to all this hand wringing would be : FFS get a life!!

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
why should we care if they are offended. if they want to live in the uk then accept the traditions and history. After all im not allowed to drink alcohol during ramadan whilst in dubai. its all about respecting different cultures.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Sorry as didn't see it. Remove it please if it's been disgust before.

I would really change your avatar if your going to use disgust instead of discussed.

Whole article stinks of an agenda creating news and a total non story. Let us also not forget that even if the BBC are stating this on their website, that is the BBC being precious, not outraged Muslims.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
why should we care if they are offended. if they want to live in the uk then accept the traditions and history. After all im not allowed to drink alcohol during ramadan whilst in dubai. its all about respecting different cultures.

Respectfully, you can drink alcohol during Ramadan in Dubai from around 7pm in any hotel that has a liquor license.

With Ramadan starting tomorrow, I and thousands of other expats in Dubai intend to do this, just as we've done countless times previously.

Respecting different cultures does mean finding out a little about them beforehand to avoid scaremongering and misconceptions.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I find it disrespectful to the English language that you have not used a capital letter when referring to Dubai.
And its only during daylight hours in public. If you really need to drink during the day in Dubai go to a pub/club rather than in public.
Not much different to hear to be honest, you can't walk the streets in Brighton drinking.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This smacks of white lefty self loathers being offended on behalf of Muslims

I doubt Muslims actually give a toss

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Respectfully, you can drink alcohol during Ramadan in Dubai from around 7pm in any hotel that has a liquor license.

With Ramadan starting tomorrow, I and thousands of other expats in Dubai intend to do this, just as we've done countless times previously.

Respecting different cultures does mean finding out a little about them beforehand to avoid scaremongering and misconceptions.

Yes i am aware of this. But what about friday brunch? How else am i going to get hideously drunk in 4 hrs. Roll on the 8th of July and Double Deckers

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
I find it disrespectful to the English language that you have not used a capital letter when referring to Dubai.
And its only during daylight hours in public. If you really need to drink during the day in Dubai go to a pub/club rather than in public.
Not much different to hear to be honest, you can't walk the streets in Brighton drinking.

Look out its the grammar police

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes i am aware of this. But what about friday brunch? How else am i going to get hideously drunk in 4 hrs. Roll on the 8th of July and Double Deckers

Used to visit DD's a lot back in the day - messy, but fun.

Now it's all about Movenpick JBR and free brunches won at the Tuesday night quiz, hosted by ex Sky Sports Rob McCaffrey.

Rob will be down at McGettigan's JLT on Wednesday with Didi Hamann and Jason McAteer to kick off their Euro 2016 festivities.

I'll be down there too. In Dubai, life and drinking in particular doesn't have to stop during Ramadan...

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Used to visit DD's a lot back in the day - messy, but fun.

Now it's all about Movenpick JBR and free brunches won at the Tuesday night quiz, hosted by ex Sky Sports Rob McCaffrey.

Rob will be down at McGettigan's JLT on Wednesday with Didi Hamann and Jason McAteer to kick off their Euro 2016 festivities.

I'll be down there too. In Dubai, life and drinking in particular doesn't have to stop during Ramadan...

There for 5 weeks on a ship end of June until early august. Meet for a beer and discuss all things albion. Does fibbers still do a monday night brunch?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I would really change your avatar if your going to use disgust instead of discussed.

Whole article stinks of an agenda creating news and a total non story. Let us also not forget that even if the BBC are stating this on their website, that is the BBC being precious, not outraged Muslims.

I don't understand why people find the need to correct people's grammar when they perfectly know what they mean.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here