Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Koeman to Everton ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Big budget at Everton next season from new owner + promise of the ~£60 million from Lukaku sale to spend on team.

Howe to Southampton ?

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can't see Howe getting it. think he'll need to leave Bournemouth and join a mid level premiership club before he'll get seriously considered, also after Koeman and Pochettino the Soton fans would view Howe as a massive downgrade. Wouldn't be surprised if Unai Emery or Pellegrini took over given the latter wants to continue to manage in the Premier Leagues and theirs not many other options.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The natives aren't happy down in this neck of the woods. Still, I suppose we Albion fans can now have a little chuckle after the Sammy Lee debacle of two years ago!

They can add Everton to the clubs that routinely rape them after he has finished with them and signing a couple of the players as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can't see Howe getting it. think he'll need to leave Bournemouth and join a mid level premiership club before he'll get seriously considered, also after Koeman and Pochettino the Soton fans would view Howe as a massive downgrade. Wouldn't be surprised if Unai Emery or Pellegrini took over given the latter wants to continue to manage in the Premier Leagues and theirs not many other options.
Are Southampton considered a high level premier league club then? I would have thought they were firmly mid ATM.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Are Southampton considered a high level premier league club then? I would have thought they were firmly mid ATM.

Finished 6th last season so qualified for the Europa. 7th and 8th finishes seasons before. Wouldn't say they were a 'big' club but they definitely fit into the territory between being one and the middle ground.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Koeman's mad. Personally I can't stand Southampton but as a manager it must be one of the best jobs in the country.

Amazing youth and scouting systems, facilities, stable ownership, strong team, decent stadium, good salary and a nice part of the country to live.

It's a big risk for him to go I would say. Could easily see him sacked by new, impatient owners by Christmas and Southampton continuing to progress.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The natives aren't happy down in this neck of the woods. Still, I suppose we Albion fans can now have a little chuckle after the Sammy Lee debacle of two years ago!

I'll confirm/second that.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I'll confirm/second that.

Il third that.

The thing that has upset us the most is he said even after the last game of the season, that he would be the one leading us into Europe . He has reiterated countless times that he he has 1 year remaining, won't leave, happy here... Wants to discuss a new contract etc and said even barca or Holland job wouldent tempt him.

From people with good contacts, the situation summed up is :
.Koeman wanted to stay, talks after the season and ambition was matched with what he wanted to hear.
.goes on holiday, happy with contract.. Changes agent while away.
New agent is involved in some sort of tapping up with Everton, koemans head turned.

He's leaving for the money, fact. Everton may be a bigger club, but right now we are a better club.
One of our resident itks over on saints web have said our short list villas boas, emmery, Howe and moyes.

Sorry for blabbering on. I saw tour thread and thought I'd just release all my feelings towards here as saints web is pretty depressing with all the bed wetters.

Another meltdown In Southampton...:tantrum::annoyed:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Il third that.

The thing that has upset us the most is he said even after the last game of the season, that he would be the one leading us into Europe . He has reiterated countless times that he he has 1 year remaining, won't leave, happy here... Wants to discuss a new contract etc and said even barca or Holland job wouldent tempt him.

From people with good contacts, the situation summed up is :
.Koeman wanted to stay, talks after the season and ambition was matched with what he wanted to hear.
.goes on holiday, happy with contract.. Changes agent while away.
New agent is involved in some sort of tapping up with Everton, koemans head turned.

He's leaving for the money, fact. Everton may be a bigger club, but right now we are a better club.
One of our resident itks over on saints web have said our short list villas boas, emmery, Howe and moyes.

Sorry for blabbering on. I saw tour thread and thought I'd just release all my feelings towards here as saints web is pretty depressing with all the bed wetters.

Another meltdown In Southampton...:tantrum::annoyed:
That's a sobering post, for you lot. I agree that Southampton are at the moment, a better prospect than Everton. However, did you HONESTLY believe that if Barcelona or Holland offered him jobs, that he would turn them down?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
That's a sobering post, for you lot. I agree that Southampton are at the moment, a better prospect than Everton. However, did you HONESTLY believe that if Barcelona or Holland offered him jobs, that he would turn them down?

Meh...Id like to think so, but you're probably right. It's just he's gone against everything he was held in high regard for. Loyal, man of his word. He was asked 2 weeks ago about the Everton job and he said don't be stupid, he's not the slightest bit interested and got shiiiiiity with the reporters because he only said a week earlier about still having a contract and not wanting to leave.

We've had our team torn apart before, and no doubt we will again. I'm kind of use to it now. I have full trust in our set up, and that we will once again appoint another great manager. I just hope who ever we get, can keep the majority of the team here.
Mane and wanyama are gone, that's been on the cards all season. I believe we can convince others to stay put depending on our summer business though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Risky move for Koeman with Lukaku on his way and Stones being tracked. He could easily be two big players down very quickly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here