Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers and Celtic [and Albion!] reportedly interested in Steven Taylor

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't know why Hull would be interested with the CBs they've got. He'll probably go to Celtic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shaun Custis of The Sun always slags him off on The Sunday Supplement and he's a Toon fan.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Think (and hope) the Brighton link is just another case of lazy journalists seeing his contract is up, knowing he has worked with Hughton in the past and realising that as Greer has recently left we are now down one experienced central defender.

If there is something in it his past injury record would be a concern, especially as he'll be on the top end of the clubs pay scale. From what I've seen of him, he's capable of putting in some great performances and is comfortable playing on either side of the central pair but is also prone to making at least one serious error a match.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ifhe can stay fit he would be a great signing, but I very much doubt he would move this far south.

He's originally from London, but logically thinking Hull would be ideal for him as it'll mean that he won't have to uproot and yo would think they'll be able to offer a higher wage also.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's originally from London, but logically thinking Hull would be ideal for him as it'll mean that he won't have to uproot and yo would think they'll be able to offer a higher wage also.

Yes, but how much football would he play if he went to Hull? Ok so if he was to come here he would still have Dunk and Goldson higher up the pecking order, but that's assuming that we will hold on to them?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Only born there to a family from north east. Only lived there a short time before moving back home.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Shaun Custis of The Sun always slags him off on The Sunday Supplement and he's a Toon fan.

I think he is a great player but too injury prone; however there is something in the back of my mind where he had a disagreement with CH when he was at Newcastle. I think it had something to do with Taylor saying something openly to the Press to try and force a move away from Newcastle then CH came out and said that he should have kept everything ''in house'' As it happened he got injured right after that which scuppered any potential transfer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yes, but how much football would he play if he went to Hull? Ok so if he was to come here he would still have Dunk and Goldson higher up the pecking order, but that's assuming that we will hold on to them?

He's averaged 11 appearances a season for Newcastle over the course of the last three and a good portion of those weren't for a full 90 mins. Think a lot of players in his situation would happily settle for a regular place on the bench of a lower level Premiership club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here