Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is the best decade for pop culture and football ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No point in the poll, the Sixties obviously

It has to be the 1880s.

The Football League was formed, thus providing an exciting competition and infallible governing body for competitive football within England initially.

We also saw Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and Strauss's Symphony in D Minor published.

I declare this thread closed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Absolutely. The 60s had groundbreaking music, England won the world cup and Brighton won the Third Division South.

What season was this Division 3 South title won in.

I trust that you havent extened the 1960s so that they start around 1957/8

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's early Sunday morning, so you're forgiven. 1964/5 season we won Div 4 (Bobby Smith and all that) in days before stupid wages, players using the bus, and before the Premier League.
Yes, 60s for me. Always better when you were a kid.

That's the one. I've been awake since 4.15 with a pain in my leg, so half asleep still.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even though 76-86 are special years, I can only look forward these days. I have never felt better about the Albion, and am awash in new music. And I'm OLD! :rolleyes::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we have moved from the best music and football decade to the one you all grew up in? :lolol:

Whatever, it IS still the Sixties. You had to be there I guess, much much better than any decade since for music certainly and when England actually win something at football again we can have a rethink :wink:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
60s 70s 80s 90s all had their moments of great music and football, funny that music brings back memories of certain games for me, the clothes I was wearing, the pubs I went to etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here